Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Lord, I've searched and searched for a solution. I see all of these T's on here w/out badges. How in the HELL did you get all the sticky crap off? I've tried Mineral Spirits, goo gone, rubbing compound, hair dryer, 5 minutes of high pressure washer and no luck. PLEASE HELP Someone at work said to try petroleum jelly? WTH

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have you tried the eraser wheel approach? Seems to work for most. Do a search for it and you should find all you need.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I did mine with a hair dryer, goo gone, and a credit card to scrape the crap off. It just takes time and patience. Then to get the rest of the residue off I got a meguires clay bar kit and sprayed the detail spray on it and used the clay bar to get the rest of it off! Worked like a charm! Remember it takes some elbow grease to get that stupid double sided tape off. Give yourself a whole day!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
These can be picked up at Carquest or any body shop supplier for less than $10.
Less than 10 minutes the tape is gone.
Do these attach to a drill or what kind of tool?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

·
Super Moderator
162,612 Posts
Texas heat substituted for any artificial heat in my case. The black part of the tape I just rolled with a fingernail. That left a clear sticky film which some 90% rubbing alcohol took off. I had NO luck with goo gone. Zero. The alcohol sure did the trick. A light waxing afterwards.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The goo gone took so much scrubbing, I won a forearm muscle competition shortly after
You are ate up!!! LMAO...........I'm going to try oops and then rubbing alc. If that dont work someone told me to use dryer sheets wetted lightly. Yes I said, wetted lightly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
To be honest, I de-badged my tail and it took me about 35-45 minutes.... LOL I used fishing line to first cut off the letters and as much tape as I could. Then, I used fast wax and sprayed the hell out of the tape, then took an old t-shirt and rubbed the living crap out of it up and down, left and right. I also used my finger nail to get the tough ones. I had my tailgate painted before and looked like when they put back my badges, the paint may not have been totally dry... The badges did peel very little paint off when I took them off.... I will have my entire truck repainted late this year and when I do, I will ensure the company knows to leave off my door badges. Also, it is pretty hot where I live so I never used a blow dryer.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I used fishing line also, my bad...I'm sorry, today I decide to try a couple "four loco's"....I can't see al the letters on the key board clearly
Yea I tried a couple last night too, lost my damn wallet lol

On my sisters car, I pried them off then used goo gone my nails, and a microfiber towel

·
Registered
82 Posts
goo gone works pretty good

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea I keep hearing goo gone, I had no luck at all!! I'll try some oops tomorrow followed by a lot of cussing if it doesn't come off:)

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I used fishing line also, my bad...I'm sorry, today I decide to try a couple "four loco's"....I can't see al the letters on the key board clearly
Yea I tried a couple last night too, lost my damn wallet lol

On my sisters car, I pried them off then used goo gone my nails, and a microfiber towel
Lmao those four locos are insane. They dont sell them in AK so the first time I tried them was when I went home to Tampa this Christmas vaca. Funny stuff ensued right after lmao!!! Whats Oops??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts