Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I want to first start out by saying I had an awesome time and I'm glad I got to meet some screen names! It was a blast and hopefully we could do it again..though with me probably moving to Miami not sure if I'll make the next one..

anywho thought I'd just share the photos! I have videos uploading on youtube later tonight!

:hi:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
awesome, looks like tons of fun

·
Registered
761 Posts
subscribed.

I will add some pictures monday. Looking amazing so far!

sorry for not stopping at the trail head heading out. We had to get to Firestone.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sweet pictures guys. I wont be able to post mine until tomorrow because I stayed in Boulder for the night and I don't have my camera cord. I'll post my videos too. It was a great time and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I know I did! twr, thanks for supplying those guys with the timing advance.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thumbs up on the timing advance! I noticed a lil pip in my step that's for sure!

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
twr, thanks for supplying those guys with the timing advance.
No biggie, anybody that's in the metro area is more than welcome to contact me for it.

It was a lot of fun. Glad everyone made it through with very little damage. It was a good way to christen my truck with it's first real offroad trip. I'm uploading what little video I shot too, will post the link when it's done.

Edit: Well it's uploaded and now done processing.

Titans

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Awesome day! Thanks so much to Adamdude04 and RckyMtnTitan for organizing the meet. The lunch location was great. Please extend a huge thanks to our Xterra guide. Thanks to Ben (flyboy) and Chris (WhiteTitan24) who made the long treks to make the meet. The smile on my face on the way home was due to Terry (twr) who provided the 2º timing advance (my tires hate you Terry!).

In case anyone reading this thread can't tell by the pictures the "trail" was very rough. In the off-road guide I have for Colorado the initial trail we took is classified as "Difficult" and the side spur we took to the top is classified as "Extreme". We had some interesting hairpin turns to get around and some large boulders and boulder fields to go over/through.

There was a guy in a Dodge pickup that cut in our line going up the trail. He was fourth in line. Apparently he got a little impatient with following the Titans. When we stopped to help each other over a very difficult boulder he didn't bother with looking at what he was going over and bulled on through going at least twice the speed the Titans went. He now has a nice large dent in his driver's side rocker panel. What a doofus. We laughed.

On a minor downside, I'm pretty sure I blew out BOTH my rear saw shocks. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Yeah thumbs up on the timing advance! I noticed a lil pip in my step that's for sure!
Adam, the way you drive I think Terry should have retarded your timing by 2º. LOL! And yes, I DID have to dust out the interior of my truck thanks to the plumes of dust you were frequently sending up. :D But, in the end you did a good enough job driving that I didn't have to winch you out (darn!).

Good luck in Florida. Those Titan boys down there have no idea what they're in for. The Colorado Titans are losing a valued member of our community.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
..stupid youtube. I am trying to upload my videos, I have 10 of em and its not uploading any after this one.
This was takin on 36 going to boulder.. yeah, I'm a weird one....
YouTube - Driving?

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam, the way you drive I think Terry should have retarded your timing by 2º. LOL! And yes, I DID have to dust out the interior of my truck thanks to the plumes of dust you were frequently sending up. :D But, in the end you did a good enough job driving that I didn't have to winch you out (darn!).

Good luck in Florida. Those Titan boys down there have no idea what they're in for. The Colorado Titans are losing a valued member of our community.
HAHA Desiree (the girl with me) hated the 2* timing I got! I think I gave her a headache.. :ftard:

Blame the dust man, blame the dust! I was just trying to get un-stuck, redneck style :smoke:

And I appreciate it, I know I'll be back in Denver every now and then, maybe I can just ride shotgun!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts