Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group,

After several months of internet, magazine and test drive research I decided to choose the Titan as my next vehicle. It will be a full time construction work truck and will replace my tired, but hell-o-reliable 92 Nissan Hardbody.

I was quoted $500 over invoice (plus tx and lc) by the internet fleet manager. When it came time to purchase, I was told by the dealer that the destination fee of $650 is a requirement and "part" of the invoice price.

They ended up losing the sale because they could not find the exact truck I was looking for and I wasn't willing to order a Titan until I figured out the true invoice price.

Question to you guru's is: how many of you paid the destination fee? Can it be waived? Is it included in the invoice price?

Thanks in advance,
chris

btw, for you construction folks out there...."Rack It" (rackitinc.com) a leading manufacture of truck lumber racks are going to produce racks for the Titan KC and CC starting next week. The Titan CC will be the first short bed crew cab truck that they've designed a rack for. In the past, they were unable to make one due to the lack of leverage on a 5.5 foot bed and the length of the cabin. For instance, it is not possible to order a lumber rack for a Dakota Quad Cab, Frontier or Tacoma Crew Cab or F-150 Heritage Supercrew.

·
Registered
79 Posts
chris said:
Hi group,

After several months of internet, magazine and test drive research I decided to choose the Titan as my next vehicle. It will be a full time construction work truck and will replace my tired, but hell-o-reliable 92 Nissan Hardbody.

I was quoted $500 over invoice (plus tx and lc) by the internet fleet manager. When it came time to purchase, I was told by the dealer that the destination fee of $650 is a requirement and "part" of the invoice price.

They ended up losing the sale because they could not find the exact truck I was looking for and I wasn't willing to order a Titan until I figured out the true invoice price.

Question to you guru's is: how many of you paid the destination fee? Can it be waived? Is it included in the invoice price?

Thanks in advance,
chris

btw, for you construction folks out there...."Rack It" (rackitinc.com) a leading manufacture of truck lumber racks are going to produce racks for the Titan KC and CC starting next week. The Titan CC will be the first short bed crew cab truck that they've designed a rack for. In the past, they were unable to make one due to the lack of leverage on a 5.5 foot bed and the length of the cabin. For instance, it is not possible to order a lumber rack for a Dakota Quad Cab, Frontier or Tacoma Crew Cab or F-150 Heritage Supercrew.
Destination is a completely legitimate charge. Dealers get charged $650 for destination on the titan, you pay $650 for destination. Yes, its part of the invoice price. For example, if the invoice for your truck is 28K, 650 of that is destination. Make sure you look at www.edmunds.com or some other site to get the correct invoice price for your truck and options.

Processing or other admin Fees are another story, its dealer independent. Mostly they are add ons with no value, but I won't prejudge your offer without the details.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Yes, destination fees are legit. I live in the city where the Chevy Colorado is built and they basically charge the same destination fees to deliver across town as across country. Some people think that if they live close to the factory that makes the car or truck they want, they can just subtract the destination charge, pay the dealer everything else and drive to the plant and pick the car or truck up. Manufacturers won't let you do this because it would cause too much chaos at the plant and the dealers close to the plant would have an unfair cost advantage over the other dealers. Most manufacturers try to protect all of their dealers.

I live just four hours down the road from the Titan plant and paid $650.00 in destination charges. I bet Titan owners in New England and the pacific northwest paid a similar amount.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The shipping charge on the Titan is $650 nationwide. This covers the shipping of the truck from Mississippi to the dealer. It may suck if you live a county over from the factory, but it is a bargin if you live in Maine.

Pay it, we all paid it and it is a fair mandatory charge. There is no hidden profit built into it (for the dealer anyway).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts