Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've decided to keep my chrome wheels on during the winter up here in the northeast, instead of buying a new set of tires for my stock rims to use during the winter. My question is how would you protect the wheels against salt and all that stuff? I know the correct answer is to take them off and throw the stockers on with some cheapo tires, but I don't want to go that route. Are there any polishes/waxes/protectants out there that'll fend off the nasties of winter? Or when the salt hits the roads, I should just rinse/wipe off wheels once per week or something? Any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
You Need To Use Salt-away.i Have Been And Thousands Have Used It In And On There Boats For Years.if It Works With Salt Water It Will Will Work On Road Salt And More-been Using It For Years On My Cars.i Also Flush My Mercury Outboard With It. WWW.SALT-AWAY.COM

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I've heard of this stuff. It may be a little pricey, but the wheels were a heck of a lot more, and it might be worth it to protect my investment.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think no matter what you wipe them with, you still need to wash them off once in a while. While you have the hose out (in the snow) spray off the underside of the truck, or it will disintegrate in 3 years.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I Agree On Washing The Bottom Of The Vech-salt-away Has A Hose Adapter That Mixes The Right Amount Of Water With Product That Can Be Used Over The Entire Vech-they Have A Spray Bottle For Smaller Applications.you Want To Use The Hose Adapter So It Mixes Correctly When Applying To Entire Vech-if You Use The Spray Bottle On The Vech It Will Leave A Harmless Film That Wipes Off-this Stuff Is Great -check Out The Web Site.i Use It On My Snowblowers,boat,truck,motor And Anything That Sits Outside Exposed To The Elements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts