Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to order my lift today. They were big jeep guys and they had a ton of off road pics. The guy was telling me about this place below. I think he said it was $10 to camp and $7 just for the day. They have RV hookups, electricity, showers and bathrooms. Thought it looked pretty sweet and I had never heard of it. Thought I would share with you guys.

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what the guy at the off road shop said to do. Go get a beater jeep and tow it out there. I'd rather have a 4wheeler I'd get more use out of it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
dodson914 said:
That's what the guy at the off road shop said to do. Go get a beater jeep and tow it out there. I'd rather have a 4wheeler I'd get more use out of it.
I agree, I sold mine and can't wait to get another one. So much fun.........:werd:

·
Registered
275 Posts
A friend of mine just bought an old beater jeep for $900. I don't think it has a tranny or a motor but he is going to rebuild it. I think he will probable put another $4-$7K into it depending on how extreme he goes.

Brand new a real nice 4x4 atv can go upwards of $6K or $7K but a used one can be found for around $3K.

After owning a few ATVs I would rather have a railer with a VW motor in it and make it street legal.
________
Free ticketmaster gift cards

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes Chris you need a quad so we can ride. There are quite a few nice places within an hour or so drive. Red River MC Trails is a popular place, I haven't checked it out yet. Most of the places don't allow offroading in full size vehicles, Gilmer looks like an exception.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttugrad95 said:
Yes Chris you need a quad so we can ride. There are quite a few nice places within an hour or so drive. Red River MC Trails is a popular place, I haven't checked it out yet. Most of the places don't allow offroading in full size vehicles, Gilmer looks like an exception.
This one definitely allows you to take full size vehicles. He said that all his Jeep guys go and there are lots of hummers that go out there. Unfortunately, he said I was probably too big to go out there. Some of the trails are a tight squeeze.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah, full size trucks don't make the best off-road vehicles. They are great for playing in the mud and sand but the wheelbase is too long for doing much tight trail wheeling or navigating rocks or deep ruts. You truck is full size and then some :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah I'm moved in, finally....unpacked? not quite. I'm not sure about this week, have plans for a couple nights already and on the other nights I need to finish unpacking, setting things up, and organize the garage so I can get my truck in it. If I get things done quickly I'll let you know.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttugrad95 said:
Yeah, full size trucks don't make the best off-road vehicles. They are great for playing in the mud and sand but the wheelbase is too long for doing much tight trail wheeling or navigating rocks or deep ruts. You truck is full size and then some :)
Actually my truck isn't that big. It is the exact same size as a crew cab 1500 with the 6ft bed. Only difference is the engine and trans, :D

He said there are some trees that would be difficult to navigate for me and that it's not as bad for hummers because if they hit the tree it may scratch some paint but won't dent them. I am plan on riding out there in John's Titan and letting him beat up on his truck, lol.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just got my quad out of the shop. Been wanting to ride it

·
Registered
919 Posts
TitanZX said:
Just got my quad out of the shop. Been wanting to ride it
We should head out in the next few weeks. I've been wanting to try one of the riding areas on the red river. Or if there is someplace closer to McKinney I don't know about.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Vaughn may be talking about 4 wheeling in the trucks. It would be cool if we could find a place that would allow trucks and bikes so I could join in. I don't think my 2wd truck with street tires would do much. lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ttugrad95 said:
Vaughn may be talking about 4 wheeling in the trucks. It would be cool if we could find a place that would allow trucks and bikes so I could join in. I don't think my 2wd truck with street tires would do much. lol
That's what this place is buddy. :D It's a motorized vechicle park. Trucks, quads, dirtbikes doesn't matter everyone is welcome there. You take your bike ZX can take his quad and john and vaughn take their trucks. Tons of fun

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.