Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to get a quick count of who plans on going to the OK meet next Saturday. I am on the fence at this time, as I have a full schedule this coming week, which could continue into Saturday. I will let you all know later in the week. As far as I know, Kopperking is going. He is the only other person that I know of that is considering going. There is less than a week to get this together, so if you want to go, please chime in as soon as possible. We also need a place to meet for a convoy, if it gets that far. Maybe somewhere in Denton.

It looks like this will be a really fun meet to go to. I am hoping that my schedule will allow for me to break away for a while. I hope that we can have a good showing from DFW.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm going.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ray, it's good to see that you're going. Sorry you other guys can't make it.

BTW Ray, I see that you added GPS to your sig. How are you liking it? I could tell by the way you were talking that you would get one.:eveilgrin :lol: I just had a feeling.:upsidedow

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
i'll be working as well.. working all the overtime they can throw at me at Bell lol gotta get the Jim Wolf cams!! cant wait till next week they will be mine..
muahahahahahahah :gunz:

·
Registered
592 Posts
BigRedTitan said:
Hey Ray, it's good to see that you're going. Sorry you other guys can't make it.

BTW Ray, I see that you added GPS to your sig. How are you liking it? I could tell by the way you were talking that you would get one.:eveilgrin :lol: I just had a feeling.:upsidedow
Yeah I should be able to make this one. I hope you can too!

You know I had to have a gps unit. I love the thing. Gotta stay away from you man. I think you have cost me about $6k in mods. It's all your fault. Your name comes up when the wife gets pissed about me dumping dollars in the Titan. Somebody has to take the blame, right?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have to wonder with the popularity of GPS units what the point is. I know my way to and from pretty much wherever I go and on those rare occasions where I am trying to find a new address I just print a google turn by turn map. I don't see the point in purchasing an expensive unit unless one was a traveling salesman that was always going to new places. Can you fill me in on any misconception? Just wondering if I am missing any benefit of these units other than the "cool factor".

·
Registered
592 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
I have to wonder with the popularity of GPS units what the point is. I know my way to and from pretty much wherever I go and on those rare occasions where I am trying to find a new address I just print a google turn by turn map. I don't see the point in purchasing an expensive unit unless one was a traveling salesman that was always going to new places. Can you fill me in on any misconception? Just wondering if I am missing any benefit of these units other than the "cool factor".
Well, I travel very often (Navy recruiting). Military recruiting is indeed a traveling salesman. I am aweful with directions. The unit was not very "expensive". I paid $150 for my unit brand new in box. I guess to some that could be considered expensive. I don't think there is a misconception with gps units. They do more than just map out point a to point b.
"Points of interest" is worth it alone. Looking for the nearest Bank of America? at your fingertips. Only fill up at Exxon and you're in an unfamiliar area ? (Let's just assume you use a Exxon/Mobil gas card) At your fingertips. Traveling at night and get close to your destination and you have to look for those street signs on a dark road that you googled on your turn by turn map that are hiding behind the tree branches? Right there on the screen. "Cool factor" I can't comment on as I would've never thought that purchasing a gps unit has the "cool factor" going for it. Not really cool, but very effective. I bought mine because after getting a demo, I found it to have many benefits other than turn by turn directions. I had to have a demonstration to believe the hype because I must admit that I shared the same point of view as you regarding gps. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ttugrad95 said:
Ray pretty much summed it up. In my business, I am going all over the place to look at prospective jobs. It definitly is much better and safer to find streets with. Like Ray said, it is great for night vision if you are looking for a street and/or address. The only "cool factor" that mine has is that I have a Red Monster Truck that shows my current position on the screen.

rays05titanse said:
...It's all your fault. Your name comes up when the wife gets pissed about me dumping dollars in the Titan. Somebody has to take the blame, right?
I'm willing to take the blame, as long as your wife doesn't get violent.:poke:,:bang:, :domohit:, :boxing:,:explode:, :fktardxpl . :hahano: I don't want to get hurt.:upsidedow
Just don't tell her that I gave you the idea for the alarm and remote start (we know it's coming). I will claim ignorance on that one.:dunno: I will then change my name so that when my name comes up, I can ask "Bryan who?"

Back to why we are here. I am pretty sure that I will make the meet this Saturday. It looks like it is Ray, Sean, and me so far. Anyone else going to make it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
my GPS consists of my work laptop with a map software and my ability to steer with one hand while scrolling through the maps with the other. I know it sounds bad but I've got it down to an art. Besides, my company is too cheap to put GPS in our company cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time to find a meet location (nor a hotel in OKC). I may spend the night and come back early Sunday (its only about a 3 hour trip)
We could plan on meeting in Denton between 8am-9am, use our cell phones to find each other, then use our Motorolas from there.

Speakin' of Mods, wait til you see what I've done!!! lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
Kopperking said:
I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time to find a meet location (nor a hotel in OKC). I may spend the night and come back early Sunday (its only about a 3 hour trip)
We could plan on meeting in Denton between 8am-9am, use our cell phones to find each other, then use our Motorolas from there.

Speakin' of Mods, wait til you see what I've done!!! lol
Sounds like a good idea to meet in Denton somewhere right off 35e. I will have to come back that evening because my wife and daughters want to come and she will have to work on Sunday morning.

So, can we get a hint about your mods?

·
Registered
147 Posts
rays05titanse said:
Sounds like a good idea to meet in Denton somewhere right off 35e. I will have to come back that evening because my wife and daughters want to come and she will have to work on Sunday morning.

So, can we get a hint about your mods?
I haven't made any Reservations at a Hotel, Either.
(So, we may be coming back as well)

Hint:
Something Old, Something New;
Something Shiney, Maybe Blue?!! lol
What's Cool, is that I'm getting the old "Stares" I used to get when my Titan was New!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts