Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my family and I recently moved to the Dallas area. We are finally getting settled in and everything is going well. My wife and I enjoy going out on weekends every once in a while and finding a nice night club or bar with a live band that plays 80, 90, and early 2000's music. Prefer a place that caters more to the 30 something crowd, not the young teenage gang-banger wanna be hole in the wall joints.
If anyone knows of a good place in the Northern Dallas area or downtown Dallas, please let me know. So far, we have not found anyone in our age group that likes to go out and have a good time every once in a while. Every one we ask always says " Oh, I don't know where to go for something like that, we don't go out very often".
Well, hell, what do married people in their thirties in Dallas do for fun? I don't know about you guys, but we are in our mid-thirties, still very much alive and well, not dead to the world like some of the others we have met, who just sit in their house every night watching reruns of Seinfeld and that 70's Show.
So, please, if anyone knows of some great places, please let me know.
By the way, Yes, I have checked the local Current magazine and online for places that might meet what we are looking for, but so far, no such luck. All the places I have found so far are either, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Wanna-Be gang-Banger hangout clubs, and hole in the wall places with a jukebox in the corner and a bar with Budweiser and Miller-Lite on tap.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
There is this place called Poor David's Pub in the downtown area (1313 South Lamar Street Dallas, TX 75215) They have bands all the time playing live music. They have all kinds of music playing there. Its a pretty cool place to hang, have some drinks, and listen to some music. Let me think of some other places....

Reactions: Titan-ization

·
Registered
533 Posts
sup, i hear ya man, my wife and I moved up to DFW about 2.5 years ago, we used to live in grapevine and finding good places was a pain...im 31, shes 28.

Try (no particular order) - these are NORTH DALLAS:
1. Pete's piano bar in Addison, TX - off beltline rd.

2. Loft 610 - Plano/frisco area - off 121 - 5760 State Hwy 121, Ste 175, Plano, TX 75024
(972) 377-2500 Loft 610 — Urban Restaurant & Lounge | Official Site

3. 3rd Base Sports Bar & Grill - parkwood, stonebrair mall area

-J

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I always had a blast (I'm 30) at:
Idle Rich Pub
2614 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204 (214) 965-9926

Reactions: Titan-ization

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is this place called Poor David's Pub in the downtown area (1313 South Lamar Street Dallas, TX 75215) They have bands all the time playing live music. They have all kinds of music playing there. Its a pretty cool place to hang, have some drinks, and listen to some music. Let me think of some other places....
Thanks, I will have to check it out, appreciate your response. Glad to hear from some locals.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sup, i hear ya man, my wife and I moved up to DFW about 2.5 years ago, we used to live in grapevine and finding good places was a pain...im 31, shes 28.

Try (no particular order) - these are NORTH DALLAS:
1. Pete's piano bar in Addison, TX - off beltline rd.

2. Loft 610 - Plano/frisco area - off 121 - 5760 State Hwy 121, Ste 175, Plano, TX 75024
(972) 377-2500 Loft 610 — Urban Restaurant & Lounge | Official Site

3. 3rd Base Sports Bar & Grill - parkwood, stonebrair mall area

-J
Hey, Yea, I have heard a couple of people now tell me about Pete's Piano Bar, we may have to check that one out, sounds like a lot of fun.

That Loft 610 looks like it might be interested too, thanks for the great responses, at least now we have some places to check out.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always had a blast (I'm 30) at:
Idle Rich Pub
2614 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204 (214) 965-9926
HMMM, cool, never heard of it, but I will definitely check it out, thanks for the info. Not too far from me either, I am in Allen.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey, Yea, I have heard a couple of people now tell me about Pete's Piano Bar, we may have to check that one out, sounds like a lot of fun.

That Loft 610 looks like it might be interested too, thanks for the great responses, at least now we have some places to check out.
ya, both great places........pete's is a lot of fun if your at least semi-extrovert...

-J

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pete's is good but can be pricy. Go check out lower Greenville, lots of dive bars and such there.

Where are you located in DFW?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete's is good but can be pricy. Go check out lower Greenville, lots of dive bars and such there.

Where are you located in DFW?
I am in Allen, looks like you are in Allen too, huh? Cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts