Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I had the Titan in 4 wheel drive on highway a month or so ago. For about an hour maybe hour and a half.
The snow cover was pretty sparse and maybe I shoudl not have used 4 wheel that long.
It was hard to get out of 4 wheel drive.

Today it grinded for 5 seconds or so when I went to flip it on and I am not sure it engaged.
It was slick. I eventually stopped and engaged 4 low which I think worked since the truck crept up hill. Traction was awful my tires are being replaced today.

I read all the diff issues. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure...I would have to figure out were to look...and what I was looking at.
Any threads with pics? Maybe I should search more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drive it around today.It is not getting into 4 wheel drive. When I put it in 4 lo and engage the gears the back wheels start turning while I am sitting with foot on the brake. The front wheels never engage though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Goose,

Did you figure out your problem yet? I just had mine do the same thing and looked under and the driver side half shaft popped out of the diff. I am going in a few days to have it looked at and hopefully slapped back in place with new c-cliips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked today but couldn't tell what I was looking at. I am getting some new tires put on tomorrow and will discuss with my mechanic and take a look when it is on the lift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem here, I have not had a chance to look at the diff, but got no 4wd. Is there an alternative problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts