Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zero issues pulling but it's a small 19' pontoon boat. Friend needed it pulled from the lake and driven across town.

Small leveling kit dealer installed when new, doesn't sag too bad in the rear does it?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,697 Posts
The top pick is how it sat on the bumper? Man, you were low riding back there

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was 2 minutes out of the water and halfway up the boat ramp at an angle. It matched the picture with just the trailer I just couldn't get a better picture of the combo because it was getting busy. But yes, it was a little low there

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if I want to avoid that problem in the future, would Firestone bags alter the unloaded ride quality at all? Coming from a long line of rangers to a frontier to this, it rides quite well in comparison.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,697 Posts
No idea. Have to wait for the other guys with experience in that stuff

·
Registered
872 Posts
Speaking of truckly stuff...I just pulled a stump out with 4-lo, 2 tires in street, 2 tires on sidewalk....3 tires leaving rubber and finally got that SOB! Nothing broke but those damn tap roots. No leaks either. American Axles are pretty dang good! Sorry didn't mean to hijack.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Generally speaking, your Titan is going to sit down a bit with tongue weight on. Wonder what the all-in weight of that pontoon and trailer is, and what the tongue weight is. Regardless, airbags will help with sag, but reality is, unless you're seeing a lot of front end rise and feeling like your steering control isn't good, that's not bad for a leveled truck. The factory rake is (I believe) partly there to make the truck level when loaded in the bed or on the ball. You leveled it so when you load, it's going to squat a little. Easiest fix is a 1" rear block! But reality is, airbags are going to help with sag like that, without affecting ride quality (since you air them down when not under load), but remember they won't increase your hauling/towing capacity.

Reactions: MB8W

·
Registered
872 Posts
Will do. Not to mention the stump was cut maybe a foot off grade and I had to dig around it a little to get a tow strap in there. Pulled down hill and the damn thing actually slid my truck to the side on pavement. It was a 30' evergreen. Dont think it it were an oak or maple it would've come out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. Not to mention the stump was cut maybe a foot off grade and I had to dig around it a little to get a tow strap in there. Pulled down hill and the damn thing actually slid my truck to the side on pavement. It was a 30' evergreen. Dont think it it were an oak or maple it would've come out.
I just watched a few youtube videos of people doing this - I think I'll pay the guy with the stump grinder!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thats no fun! Thats what a warranty is for lol.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,697 Posts
dude, i have seen those videos too. i just picture the stump flying up and taking out the back window and crushing the back of the cab inwards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts