Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a 2006 nissan frontier nismo cc i loved it but after the first year i went to refinance and decided i needed something cheeper so they got me into a 2004 Titan KC LE with big tow and offroad package with 25000 miles for $24000
was this a good deal or did i get screwd

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
coby44 said:
i bought a 2006 nissan frontier nismo cc i loved it but after the first year i went to refinance and decided i needed something cheeper so they got me into a 2004 KC LE with big tow and offroad package with 25000 miles for $24000

sounds about right

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
coby44 said:
so i did get ripped of or it sounds about right on the price

your price sound about right ... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to kelley blue book, the suggested retail price for what you described is 23,750 for excellent condition and 4x4. So you probably did ok....

·
Registered
561 Posts
You definitely did ok!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
If your happy with the truck and choice then you did fine and the money sounds about right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am surprised by the others comments. I had a LOADED 04 LE CC with everything but navigation and only 24,500 miles I posted for sale on here for about 24k and was laughed at about it being way too much of an asking price. Then I lowered it later on to around 22k. This was a CC with more options and less miles than yours and cheaper. So I am a little comfused by this?

But never worry about if you paid too much or not, if you like it and your happy it does not matter!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
You paid too much. I bought my 05 KC SE for only 25K brand new with 15 miles on it. For that price you could get a 07. I'm with you CFA24 when some will say the asking price is high but yet from a dealer it's okay.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
You did fine.
There is another guy around here who got screwed worse than the Duke LaCrosse players.

·
Registered
239 Posts
RobKar said:
sounds about right
KBB Trade In Value is between 19,000 & 19,500.

From my experience in the car business (sales). The dealer probably traded it for around $18,000, but it's hard to say exactly what they paid. Sometimes dealers are able to steal a trade-in, other times they'll bury themselves in a trade to sell a new vehicle. Any time you're looking @ a used car, you want to ask the dealer what the ACV (Actual Cash Value) was when it was traded.

You also didn't mention what they gave you for your truck. If they gave you an unusually high trade-in value for your truck, they probably just discounted the new truck & added that value to the trade. Buying used cars/trucks can be a real shell game if you don't know what to look for.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I think you paid about 3K to much.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you traded in the Frontier, you were upside down on the trade-in value. They can either tack that onto your new loan or new/used car price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
coby44 said:
i bought a 2006 nissan frontier nismo cc i loved it but after the first year i went to refinance and decided i needed something cheeper so they got me into a 2004 Titan KC LE with big tow and offroad package with 25000 miles for $24000
yes cuz i got mine for 21k same but mines a 05

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like jguns2002, the real question here is if the $24k was for the Titan only or the negotiated price after accepting your trade-in. If the Frontier was an '06 and you only paid on it for a year, you were likely upside down unless you put some serious cash down when you originally purchased it. That in mind, here's how I see it....

$24k for Titan only = not so great deal
$24k with Frontier trade included = good deal

But at the end of the day, it really does come down to how you feel about the truck you now have. If you are happy with the truck and the deal, don't let someone here discourage you. It seems someone always gets a lower price and better deal somehow. And as a general rule of thumb for the future, don't get in the habit of trading vehicles every 1-2 years...it'll eat your lunch eventually and you'll end up as one of those poor lads that is $8k-10k upside down.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Was that after TT&L? (out the door price) I just got my 07 KC SE 4x4 not long ago - under 100 miles. Sticker $ was just over $29000. Dealer knocked off some of that, and then I got the $3500 rebate. The rebate on 07's is $5000 now. I think you could have done better. There is another thread going around asking how much everyone paid for thier Titans. Check it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts