Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in for some warranty work and while I was there asked how much more I had to go on my factory warranty (I got the truck pre-owned). She said I was good till August of '08. But then she said that there was an extended warranty (the best package available) on the truck, but it was still under the previous owner's name. So I asked a few questions about transferring it to my name and was eventually given the phone number for Nissan. When I called the guy told me that transfers have to take place within 30 days of purchase of the vehicle. I was P*ssed:mad: . To me, this is something the dealer should have told me about when I bought the truck. I'm positive they have that information in front of them. So, by them not telling me about the extended warranty, I lose out. I think I'm gonna head down there and have a chat and see what they have to say for themselves. What do y'all think??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Extended Warrantees do have a time in which they expire but most important is the Mileage. As far as the extended warrentee or your Truck which was purchased by the previous owner should have been canceled by that person so they could receive a refund on the unused portion. I can't beleave that person just tossed that money away. But it's possible I suppose. They are not required to disclose any of that info any way. Most times if the warrentee is transferable you will still have to pay an administration fee to transfer it and also the previous owner would have to OK that transfer. After all it's his or her contract not yours or the Dealers. How ever if the miles is still under 36,000 and you are still shy of the 36 months you can apply for your own extended warrentee.

Hope I didn't blah blah too much on this. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
This is why the auto dealers have the reputations they have. Instead of helping a customer and making a loyal friend they choose to create former customers who will NEVER believe anything they say from now on.

Clint

1 - 3 of 3 Posts