Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was checking out my INJEN intake to see how it was doing and how well (or not) the Amzoil filter was keeping crap outta the intake tube. Everything looked nice and clean, but since I had it apart, I wanted to compare to the factory intake tube and where the MAF sits vs. my aftermarket. I would have thought there would have been a bigger difference? Did Nissan "quietly" update the factory intake?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I was at it, I went ahead and did the air box mod. Gonna run that for a couple weeks and see how I like it. All I have on the truck is 2 degree timing advance and Cajun 2.25" catless b-pipes. It's a 2015 PRO-4X.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
While I was at it, I went ahead and did the air box mod. Gonna run that for a couple weeks and see how I like it. All I have on the truck is 2 degree timing advance and Cajun 2.25" catless b-pipes. It's a 2015 PRO-4X.
I have the same truck. Only have 500 miles on her. I'm about to add uprev but am curious how you like the catless b-pipes? Did it make much of a differnece? Wondering if I should add those, then uprev

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have the same truck. Only have 500 miles on her. I'm about to add uprev but am curious how you like the catless b-pipes? Did it make much of a differnece? Wondering if I should add those, then uprev

Add them at the same time, I went resonated this time around to try an lose some rasp.
I'm at a about 7800 kilometres on my new 15

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
BPipes whether catless, resonated or catted make basically the same power about 7-9 hp to the tires. It's been dyno tested there's a thread here somewhere

·
Registered
393 Posts
So I was checking out my INJEN intake to see how it was doing and how well (or not) the Amzoil filter was keeping crap outta the intake tube. Everything looked nice and clean, but since I had it apart, I wanted to compare to the factory intake tube and where the MAF sits vs. my aftermarket. I would have thought there would have been a bigger difference? Did Nissan "quietly" update the factory intake?
I was looking at the Injen CAI and wondered which one you have? The numbers from their dyno tests (on an '05) show significant improvements in power #s, 23 hp/22 lb ft on the short ram PF1952 and 9 hp/34 lb ft on the air box PF1950. Interesting differences for sure.

Add them at the same time, I went resonated this time around to try an lose some rasp.
I'm at a about 7800 kilometres on my new 15
G'day eh! Couldn't help but notice you're on the island. I'm in Comox and just got my Pro-4X last month. Looks like you've taken the new one a fair way past stock, I'm a little more conservative as I use it for towing a travel trailer to the lakes north of Campbell River.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I was looking at the Injen CAI and wondered which one you have? The numbers from their dyno tests (on an '05) show significant improvements in power #s, 23 hp/22 lb ft on the short ram PF1952 and 9 hp/34 lb ft on the air box PF1950. Interesting differences for sure.

G'day eh! Couldn't help but notice you're on the island. I'm in Comox and just got my Pro-4X last month. Looks like you've taken the new one a fair way past stock, I'm a little more conservative as I use it for towing a travel trailer to the lakes north of Campbell River.

Yessir I'm in Port Alberni, truck still tows pretty good even with the lift.

If I were you I'd get the Airraid MXP is the best intake out there. The most gain to be had without going to a 4 intake intake with custom maf scaling

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love my Cajun catless B-Pipes! They make my factory exhaust sound like a mild cat-back. It felt to me after adding them it fattened the mid-range pull a bit, without losing bottom end. However, I have no dyno runs or time-slips to quantify that, just seat of the pants.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yessir I'm in Port Alberni, truck still tows pretty good even with the lift.

If I were you I'd get the Airraid MXP is the best intake out there. The most gain to be had without going to a 4 intake intake with custom maf scaling
I had an MXP on my 2014, and you could definitely feel a difference. More than the INJEN or the factory, most noticeably after 3500-4000 rpms to redline. However mine would resonate the cab too much for my tastes.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I had an MXP on my 2014, and you could definitely feel a difference. More than the INJEN or the factory, most noticeably after 3500-4000 rpms to redline. However mine would resonate the cab too much for my tastes.

I've read that a few people have had that resonance problem. I had it more so with my Nismo intake.
I've had the MXP on two titans now without the resonance issue. Not sure why some get it an most don't.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've read that a few people have had that resonance problem. I had it more so with my Nismo intake.
I've had the MXP on two titans now without the resonance issue. Not sure why some get it an most don't.
Me neither. Its kinda like the CBC issue with 5100's or small spacer lifts on these trucks. Some have it, others don't.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Love my Cajun catless B-Pipes! They make my factory exhaust sound like a mild cat-back. It felt to me after adding them it fattened the mid-range pull a bit, without losing bottom end. However, I have no dyno runs or time-slips to quantify that, just seat of the pants.
Good to know. I'll probably throw on a set first then. Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the full "Power Box" model. So far, I'm happy with the air box mod and the catless b-pipes. Having the quieter factory intake took out some of the cold start rasp (which is only at start up and only when it is cold outside) from the catless b-pipes.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
BPipes whether catless, resonated or catted make basically the same power about 7-9 hp to the tires. It's been dyno tested there's a thread here somewhere
dam it...i was done with my truck now that i finished my headlights...

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
dam it...i was done with my truck now that i finished my headlights...

Thought you already had full exhaust.
Jesus I can't wait for my headlights to be finished by Scott. 1100$ later gross lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Thought you already had full exhaust.
Jesus I can't wait for my headlights to be finished by Scott. 1100$ later gross lol
yeah....flowmaster y pipe, gibson, 3.5" after gibson to 5" tip lol. did my setup right before Jeff started making y pipes.

stock manifolds too:devil::devil: super dooper cracked.

"full exhaust" right? lol lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts