Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I had an '07 LE that I sold about a year ago, and the exhaust manifolds cracks right after I sold it to a buddy... UGH!

Anyhow, I'm looking at a '21 Pro-4X but am hesitant if nothing has been done to address the issue of an exhaust manifold that's likely to crack. I searched but wasn't able to find any info on here. Any help will be appreciated!

Reactions: Thewarriordinghy

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,691 Posts
I have not heard about it on the second gens. My 2017 hasn't cracked

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,
I had an '07 LE that I sold about a year ago, and the exhaust manifolds cracks right after I sold it to a buddy... UGH!

Anyhow, I'm looking at a '21 Pro-4X but am hesitant if nothing has been done to address the issue of an exhaust manifold that's likely to crack. I searched but wasn't able to find any info on here. Any help will be appreciated!
driver side exhaust manifold cracked on my 2017 at 16,000 KM. Was really loud.
its just a bad design, you don´t weld the cat on the exhaust manifold, at least make it so it bolt with a gasket...

they are Built the same way as the first gens, I highly doubt they change the 2020 or will they ever change the design.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yikes! Supposedly, Nissan has been "fixing" these manifolds several times over the years of both the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen.

It is very difficult to hang a heavy cat off of a long manifold that has zero support, and not have it crack.

BTW, the supposed aftermarket "fix" is even worse than the OEM manifolds. And, it's not just a Titan issue, happens to RAMs and Tundras also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts