Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since its such a nice day today I decided to go ahead and do the grill mod. Honestly it wasnt that bad to do but cutting the metal was a PITA!!!! Also getting the grill seperated from the chrome was a pain too but I got her done. Still want to bed line the chrome on the front bumper and the rear bumper. Does anyone know the what size hex bolts are holding the skid plate on?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
looks good brutha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good so far, man. Keep the faith.

·
Registered
126 Posts
this is a must do in my book.. makes the front end look so mean!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Looks nice, good job.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Looks great man! I'm slowly but surely starting to black things out. I think a little chrome looks good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
HOLY SH!T, I have been searching this site for the last 30 min trying to find how to do this mod with no luck. Does anybody know if there is a DIY thread on this??? I swear I have seen one on this site before.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you talking about the mesh replacement? I followed the directions in another thread (look for the one where they piece factory grill peices in to get rid of the burger)

Otherwise, there are (I think) 4 clips that go into the headlights and 4 on top and 4 on the bottom? You will see them as a square turned like a diamond with a slit in it. You turn them 45 degrees to the left and they release the grill. The 4 at the bottom I was able to get to through the big hole in the bumper. Then you pop the whole grill out.

Then you separate the front from the back (you will see when you get it off the truck) by prying about 40 things that are like a flat piece with a end on it (like a number 1) and work each one from one side to the other pulling them apart.

Then cut out the plastic grill mesh and install the aftermarket mesh by cutting around the mounting points, etc.... I screwed mine to the backside piece so they would be aligned perfectly and wouldn't move.

I found aluminum mesh and it was super easy to cut with wire cutters. Most people buy the steel stuff from home depot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for the help man, sounds pretty easy. I just wanted to see what is involved so I can piece it all together in one trip to home depot.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Thanks for the help man, sounds pretty easy. I just wanted to see what is involved so I can piece it all together in one trip to home depot.
The link is in my siggy.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the autoguide app.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The link is in my siggy.
I see the link for Headlight mod, which I have done and used (great write up BTW), so I know how to remove the grill. I am just wondering what parts I will need, ie. zip ties, mesh, cutting tools. Basically...how do I attach the mesh once I remove the plastic OEM grill pieces??

·
Registered
363 Posts
I used screws. It just so happens I have my grill off for the bumper fabrication. Let me go out and take some pics...
He!! yeah that would be perfect!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts