Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note on my current experience with my 17 pro 4x I bought in late winter. Dealer and truck review in a future post. My problem is while doing the first oil change I noticed the oil filter had a slight dent in it and just to the right where an coolant line enters the filter housing was a slice on the hose. The filter had rust on it where the paint had been scratched off and the hose had residue and some fresh antifreeze on it.
Here is where the problem starts, because my local dealer couldnt find me a pro 4 (4 months of looking) I got on it and found one immediately. Made a deal (900 miles away) and had the truck sent up to northern pa. Local dealer wont touch it unless I give them $250. ($19 hose). I think they are pissed because I didnt get the truck there however my previous 04 was bought and serviced there for 13 years.
Regional case manager says no help from Nissan Corp. My guess is the damage occurred in the manufacturing end of things and you would not be able to see it unless you pulled the front skid plate. Not giving in yet.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Are you saying that when you reached out to Nissan national, they offered no assistance?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Just a quick note on my current experience with my 17 pro 4x I bought in late winter. Dealer and truck review in a future post. My problem is while doing the first oil change I noticed the oil filter had a slight dent in it and just to the right where an coolant line enters the filter housing was a slice on the hose. The filter had rust on it where the paint had been scratched off and the hose had residue and some fresh antifreeze on it.
Here is where the problem starts, because my local dealer couldnt find me a pro 4 (4 months of looking) I got on it and found one immediately. Made a deal (900 miles away) and had the truck sent up to northern pa. Local dealer wont touch it unless I give them $250. ($19 hose). I think they are pissed because I didnt get the truck there however my previous 04 was bought and serviced there for 13 years.
Regional case manager says no help from Nissan Corp. My guess is the damage occurred in the manufacturing end of things and you would not be able to see it unless you pulled the front skid plate. Not giving in yet.
Where in Pa are you located?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bender I live in Potter and work in Tioga.
Tristan after the dealer blew me off I called Nissan customer relations and they set up a "case" that ended up with a regional case manager. He basically talked to the service manager who said it wasnt a warranty issue and he agreed with them. It is my understanding that the dealerships have $1000 they can play with to fix a problem (good will) and they dont have to go Nissan corp for the go ahead. Seems like good will is going the way of the vcr player, hard to find.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
So replace the hose yourself & be done with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan good will is a thing. Each dealership has its own level of approved good will ($). Nissan adjusters these amounts based on how they are used. Most dealerships save their good will money for people who purchased from them. Nissan corporate can also do good will repairs threw the dealership. If it was determined the problem was not caused by something out of your (the owners) control it is unlikely a non-selling dealer would cover the cost of repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts