Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this is a shot in the Dark... But, I originally bought my first Titan because I was a die hard Nissan enthusiast since the Datsun 240Z , Nissan Hardbody, and the earlier model Frontiers.

How many fellow Titan owners owned either of the following:

240Z
280Z
240Z
300ZX
350Z
370Z

Nissan hardbody
Nissan Frontier
Nissan Xterra

Prior to buying their Titan . If so post some of your pics ..

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Don't have many pictures but my family (mom, dad, brother, wife, myself) have 6 Nissans between us.

2002 Xterra
2008 Titan Pro-4x
2014 Rogue Platinum
2014 Xterra Pro-4x
2015 Frontier Pro-4x
2016 Maxima SL

When my wife and I were looking for her new car (the Maxima) we were seriously considering a 370 NISMO. Only reason we switched was we're about to start a family and I didn't want to end up with 2-3 kids and a 2 seater car.

Reactions: KappaSutra

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have many pictures but my family (mom, dad, brother, wife, myself) have 6 Nissans between us.

2002 Xterra

2008 Titan Pro-4x

2014 Rogue Platinum

2014 Xterra Pro-4x

2015 Frontier Pro-4x

2016 Maxima SL

When my wife and I were looking for her new car (the Maxima) we were seriously considering a 370 NISMO. Only reason we switched was we're about to start a family and I didn't want to end up with 2-3 kids and a 2 seater car.

My Chevy buddies give me slack about not getting a Silverado and I just laugh ... I'd take my Nissans any day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Indy

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Oh yeah. Had a co-worker that has a Silverado jokingly talk some shyte about my Japanese truck. We raced, he lost. We did a tug of war, he lost. I might have neglected to mention my mods though... :big_grin:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah. Had a co-worker that has a Silverado jokingly talk some shyte about my Japanese truck. We raced, he lost. We did a tug of war, he lost. I might have neglected to mention my mods though... :big_grin:

Ha ha ha ... That's next on the list ... I need to do a few things.

Cajun B pipes +intake and tune...
Bilsteins +uca or uca and coilovers then I hope to god I'm done

·
Registered
80 Posts
owned a 1991 Nissan Hardbody for 18 years sold it to family with 196,000 on it, still running strong. Wife drives Nissan Rogue and we also have a Titan and Armada. Both brothers have Titans and sister in law has a Rogue. Yeah, I like Nissans!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Three Titan's for me. Three PFinder's for the Wifey and one Quest for my Mother.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a garage kept 94 Nissan Hardbody that I had since 94 that I traded in when I bought my Titan. It looked so good a guy at the dealership bought it the day I traded it in...lol!

·
Registered
559 Posts
2010 Frontier SE KC 4WD - photo attached.

1979 Datsun 210. This was my wife's car, she bought new when we were dating. Her brother talked her into buying it with a 4-speed (smart man). She was still learning to drive a manual transmission, so I drove it home from the dealer for her. A bit nerve-wracking, yes... Anyway, I loved driving that car. Before we sold it, it had a few mods, including a header. I don't remember the brand, but it may have been a precursor to PaceSetter, as it's logo sticker had the same bucking stallion, as I recall.

1966 1600 roadster (not mine, but I drove it and worked on it quite a bit). Belonged to a friend when we were in college in the early 70's. We road rallied in it, and made a unique discovery... if you drove in reverse, the odometer would click over backwards, unwinding unwanted miles. Unfortunately, that doesn't do good things for air flow through the radiator, which can lead to an over heated engine and warped head. Don't ask how I know. Hey, we were college kids!

The car was pretty beat when he got it for a good price. He had given up, so I tried to get the dual side-draft carbs sync'ed for him, and it was near impossible. Both needed a rebuild in a serious way... figured that out when gas started flowing out of the air horn of one of them. LOL. It was an absolute go-cart and a blast to drive. The photo isn't that car (it had once been red...), but I included it for those of you who may not be familiar with the roadster.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
93 Pathfinder aka Patrick,
lifted 6"
33" Toyo MT's
Solid axle swap to be done soon (parts in garage), so will give it a total of 11" after all said and done running 37" baja claws

Attachments

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,590 Posts
My first car was a '72 Datsun 1200 Sedan. I had a few Chevys, and then a 91 Hardbody, I still have and my son lowered. Then a 00 Fronty, then the Titan. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I learned how to drive manual in a 5 speed '78 Datsun regular cab, long bed pickup... BONUS: with a real hydraulic dump bed (hauled 3+ tons of Coquina rock).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to LOVE Datsun's. I have owned more than twenty Z-Cars. The last one was a 2006 350 Roadster.
However, the cars got to the point where I started to hate little things about them. The Roadster was too small and at 5' 10" I just felt stuffed into the car.
I absolutely hate the newer Maxima's. I talked my dad into buying a new 1990 Maxima back in the day. He was 6' 3" and fit in my 280z.
I have owned three Frontier Crew Cabs including a Nismo Offroad. I loved that truck.
I had a G35 and it was just OK. The Altima I had was just a sh!tty car.
The plastic in Nissans are just crap.

I guess I got old. One way to tell is when the garage door goes up there is a Corvette and a Cadillac in the garage.
The Corvette fits me well and driving it is just a great feeling. And believe it or not the Corvette is as if not more affordable than a 370Z.
I get 31MPG in a Corvette on the highway have have 100% cool factor where the 370 is lucky to get 25MPG and has a ricer factor.
My Cadillac ATS 2.0T is just BadAZZ! If you have never driven a new Cadillac, you need to do it! And not the 2.5L.

My Titan is almost 13yo. It has been a great truck... When it dies, I will probably replace it with a Chevy.
Somebody has to support American jobs and companies.

Just a few:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Makes sense. Support the American jobs by buying a truck that was assembled in Mexico(chevy) not the one in America(Titan)

Reactions: Indy and KappaSutra

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol Nissan is a purely American made truck TN or LA ??? I can't remember

·
Registered
47 Posts
Titan is made in Canton, MS... Low paying jobs are in the US. Profits go back to Japan.
GM like any car manufacturer builds cars all over the world however, profits come back to Detroit.
The profits are as important as the jobs.
The guys at the Nissan plant aren't getting rich putting together your truck.
And if you bought it used, they get nothing from you. You're not even buying American made after market parts...
Flame me all you like, you can't justify your purchase as supporting the US economy. All you did was buy a truck with plastic parts which rattles.

As much as you believe what Hillary and Berny are spewing, we are not in a global economy.
We need to look out for America first then maybe help out other parts of the world.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts