Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had an issue about your Titan dieing while driving and in motion. I have experienced this twice in the past 2 weeks. To set the scene, I took my truck out on Saturday to run errands, stopping here and there, and then returning home. After shifting and packing left my driveway, turned around and stopped at the stop sign. Titan died, at stop sign, it would not let me shift into park, only into netural and drive. So I coasted thru the interseaction, and tried to turn on the caution lights, nothing worked. After checking the voltage of the battery, we determined that the battery was low. But now this has happened again even with a new battery. What is the deal? Is it a sensor that I should have checked? or what? need insight into this. My Titan is a 2004 4X4,

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
My 2005 KC has done it 3 times in the last month all were with in a week. Dealer couldn't find a reason and no SES light.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
I thought we have direct coil packs on each cylinder and no distributor.

Clint

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Maybe it's the carburetor or the float valve... Or it could be the manual clutch rod linkage slipping.... or the points.. That's it. Put new points and condensor on it... Don't forget the new rotor and cap. It'll run like a spanked monkey! Oh, and switch over the 6-volt electrical system to a 12-volt system... headlights come on MUCH faster... :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Clint said:
I thought we have direct coil packs on each cylinder and no distributor.

Clint
That's entirely possible. I'm a little lost with all the new technology on these engines. My thinking was that there still must be some sort of ignition coil...

BB, sorry for making an absolute ludicrous suggestion that is so incomprehensibly spurious and idiotic that I insulted the intelligence of forums across the entire internet. Thank you for helping to build confidence in new members to post and share without fear of reprisal and public humiliation. It's posts like yours that really make forums feel like family.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A member on another forum was having that problem & the
cause was a bad IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module).
Located passenger side under hood.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Digital throttle so i guess it's that little thing (whatever its called) that gives and the truck dies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts