Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has about 1500 miles on it & i'm wondering if there is a break in period reccomended for the front & rear differentials, and if a post break in fluid change is required.

I searched & didn't come up with anything.

Yes, I have a manual, but I keep forgetting to look & figured I could get a quick answer here while i'm thinking about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I believe you're supposed to get the rear diff fluid replaced at 3k. Be sure to make sure it's EXACTLY the type recomended in the manual. Full Synthetic, 5w-30 I believe.

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
anmut said:
I believe you're supposed to get the rear diff fluid replaced at 3k. Be sure to make sure it's EXACTLY the type recomended in the manual. Full Synthetic, 5w-30 I believe.
3K and 5W-30? That's for the engine not the diff. I changed mine at 10k and it looked good. Make sure it's synthetic 75W-140. I got mine at Wally World. It was cheaper than the local auto parts store.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the manual today at lunch & it says to change both differential & transfer case oils at 30k. Didn't say anything about changing it after break in. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
anmut said:
Theres nothing about break in but I think it's good to change it early the first time. 3k is a bit too early though I owuld wait till 10k or more. It's definately not 5-30 weight oil lol Front diff you might wait longer since its not used as much. Unless you offroad all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts