Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my '05 with a locking diff decided to let go Tuesday evening (5/15).
I have a whopping 13,382 miles on the odometer. I knew it was just a matter of time before it went out. It's at Stevens Creek Nissan in San Jose, CA right now. I didn't ask when it would be done. I'll beat on the POS F-150 they gave me as a rental. My work van is a Dodge Grand Caravan and my wife raced me from a stop light to 55 MPH. The van smoked the F-150. Anyway, I still gotta report it to NHTSA.

·
Premium Member
92,272 Posts
Sorry to hear that! And to hear of your loaner situation! :huh: Hope you get it back soon.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Very sorry that you are having this problem My milage on my 2005 is very close to yours. I changed gear oil to the 75W 140 synthetic royal purple before winter. I was hoping it would keep things going. I had very little in the way of metal in the original gear oil - but I know that does not alway mean anything. My CC is build date of 01/05 and I have been wondering if I will have problems in the futer.

·
Premium Member
92,272 Posts
loosenut said:
Thanks guys, but I was expecting the diff to let go. I'm happy to get the new better rear-end.
Hey, we're always looking for a better rear end, right? :lol: Just don't let your lady catch you shopping for that :domohit:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
technorev said:
Just checked NHTSA for totals on blown rearends:
2004 - 56
2005 - 51
2006 - 13
2007 - 0
I would like to know how many have actually failed that will never be reported.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the Titan back today. It sure is nice to be back in the silver beast. My wife and I went on a nice drive to the coast and back via some interesting roads in the Santa Cruz Mtns. That should be a good break-in for the new rear-end. Everything is normal and they even took time to adjust the brake line mounts so that it would not rub on my exhaust. Kudos to Stevens Creek Nissan and my Service writer Mike. He kept me informed and made the whole process easy for me. Much better than my previous visits to this dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts