1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
One is a coaxial speaker where the tweeter mounted to the center post. The other set is a component speaker where the tweeter is mounted separate from the woofer and uses an external crossover.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
The comps will generally give you much better sound. They take a little more effort to install, but usually worth it!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
vipzach said:
The comps will generally give you much better sound. They take a little more effort to install, but usually worth it!!
I havent decided between the 6.5's or 6x9 up front. WIll these still sound pretty good if I dont get a seperate amp to run them? If I did, what size amp should I get. How many channel and watts? Sorry for the stupid questions but I dont know much about electronics. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
You will need an amp to run components. 6.5's are a little more accurate but 6x9's may give you a little more midbass. The head unit can probably run the rear coaxials. Tech12volts can hook you up with some nice MB quarts that are better than those Polks and he can probably beat the price as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts