Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first off, I would just like to thank everyone for the great advice I've read in some of the other forums. I'm ready to replace the stock 265/70/18 OEM Goodyear SR-A's. Been looking for an LT tire. I tow a quad trailer 3-4000 lbs, and would like an AT tire as well. Will the LT275/70/18 fit without a problem, no rubbing etc? Seems by the dimensions they are a little bigger by 1/2 inch. I live in the northeast where snow and ice are a big problem, so the AT tire is a must. Checked out the Toyo Open country AT, Michelin cross Terrains and the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Had the Toyo's and the Michelins in the past on my previous truck (03 Nissan Pathfinder) and neither lasted more than 30K. Any thought on the Toyo M-55 and the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors would be greatly apprecited, or any other tires that people like. Thanks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I haven't had to buy new tires yet, but I am pretty sure I will be getting either Cooper Discoverer ST's or STT's when the time comes. They come in 275-70 and are a LT tire.

According to the math, the stock 265-70's have an OD of 32.606 inches. A 275-70 tire on the same rim will have an OD of 33.158 inches. The difference in negligible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Discoverer looks good. Cool deep tread pattern. Heard anything about how they handle or wear? Looks like they'd be awesome off road and in snow.

·
Registered
487 Posts
camo4x4atv said:
The Discoverer looks good. Cool deep tread pattern. Heard anything about how they handle or wear? Looks like they'd be awesome off road and in snow.

BAD!!!! I used to work at Pep Boys, and they separate all the time!!!! The bad thing about that is that they won't just replace the tire, they'll charge you wear, and mounting and balancing again. My advice, stay away.:boxing:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
novak57 said:
BAD!!!! I used to work at Pep Boys, and they separate all the time!!!! The bad thing about that is that they won't just replace the tire, they'll charge you wear, and mounting and balancing again. My advice, stay away.:boxing:
Thanks for the info Novak57!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will be replacing my stock Goodforayear tires tommorow with a set of 305 65 18's on my 07 4x4 LE I do have a leveling kit . I'll let you know how they work they are expensive at 290 each but have never heard a bad word about them plus I love the old school look of raised solid white letters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
troutstitan said:
I will be replacing my stock Goodforayear tires tommorow with a set of 305 65 18's on my 07 4x4 LE I do have a leveling kit . I'll let you know how they work they are expensive at 290 each but have never heard a bad word about them plus I love the old school look of raised solid white letters.
Thanks! Right now because of cost, I'm probably going with either the Cooper Discoverer S/T's or the Googyear Wrangler Silent Armor's. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I put 60k miles on a set of Cooper Discoverer S/Ts on my 4X4 Grand Cherokee. Granted I couldn't peel that thing out for the life of me with a weak 6 banger but they grabbed well and lasted a very long time. I've got 11K on my goodyears on my titan and they are showing some wear although most of it is on the back two ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up getting the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos in 265/70/18. Friend of a friend is the manager at a local Firestone shop. Couldn't pass up the deal! :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts