Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, sorry if I’m duplicating a thread, I’ve been looking around for the past couple hours, but haven’t found the answer I’m looking for. So any feedback you can offer, I would greatly appreciate. I want to replace my front and rear differential fluid, however Nissan is telling me I have to use their 75/140 oil. I see other guys on TT using 75/140 synthetic by Castrol / Mobile One, etc… Is this OK or do I need to use Nissan’s stuff. I know that is true with the Transmission fluid, but is it true for everything else???
Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
You can use any 75/140 synthetic that yuou want.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Use any brand you want. As long as it's syntethuc you will be fine. I would suggest Mobil one, Amsoil, or Royal Purple. Walmart has the Mobil one and would be a good choice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have a 2wd so i can't speak from experiance, but i could swear i read on here that the front diff takes a different spec oil. the rear is for sure 75-140 full synth... and i'm sure the front is supposed to be full synth as well, but i don't know that it's 75-140. can someone clarify so he doesn't put the wrong type of oil in the front diff?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SirKeats said:
i have a 2wd so i can't speak from experiance, but i could swear i read on here that the front diff takes a different spec oil. the rear is for sure 75-140 full synth... and i'm sure the front is supposed to be full synth as well, but i don't know that it's 75-140. can someone clarify so he doesn't put the wrong type of oil in the front diff?
Sirkeats-
Thanks for looking out Buddy, but like you my Titan is 2wd.
I notice that about TT, a lot of people on here have 4x4 Titans and by the sounds of some of the problems, I'm glad I only have a 2wd :)
Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts