Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting in my true trac this weekend so i went to get some Differential oil from the dealership.Dont do it $17.48 Qrt.Never dreamed it was that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Anybody ever use Redline Heavy Shockproof? Its a 75W-90 friciton wise, but provides a coating similar to a 75W-250. Ive had great results w/ it on High Horsepower FWD Nissan Trannies Ive taken apart. The stuff leaves a gold coating on every part it touches. Seems like great stuff. Redline also makes a regular synthetic and a Non Slip Synthetic in 75W-140.

Alot of racers swear by the Heavy Shockproof, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
NX$paniard said:
Anybody ever use Redline Heavy Shockproof? Its a 75W-90 friciton wise, but provides a coating similar to a 75W-250. Ive had great results w/ it on High Horsepower FWD Nissan Trannies Ive taken apart. The stuff leaves a gold coating on every part it touches. Seems like great stuff. Redline also makes a regular synthetic and a Non Slip Synthetic in 75W-140.

Alot of racers swear by the Heavy Shockproof, though.
Yes, I have a 700HP FWD Eclipse, I have blown a transimission to pieces with that stuff. But I have blown them up with every oil I have tried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
ericgst said:
Yes, I have a 700HP FWD Eclipse, I have blown a transimission to pieces with that stuff. But I have blown them up with every oil I have tried.

:jester:

Yeah I bet man....most FWD trannys dont make it past 500WHP. I dont plan on going too much over 400whp on mine
Its not the gear oil's fault.

I plan on using regular Redline Synthetic 75W-140 on my Titan. I pondered on using LightHeavy Shockproof (blue stuff) but I think I'll just stick to the regular synthetic and not drift far from the Manufacturer specs... afterall it is bone stock.

Its like $8.95/qt from Summit The shockproofs are $9.95/qt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58,707 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Get Mobil1 synthetic 75w-140. It's about half that.
Where are you buying your Mobile 1? It costs 17 or 18 bucks a quart even at my local China Mart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Get Mobil1 synthetic 75w-140. It's about half that.
uh... no it's not. at least not where i live. if you're getting mobile 1 for 9 bucks a quart, i'd love to know where.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
I bought my diff oil (mobil 1) about a year ago and I know it was around $9-10 a quart at autozone. I know prices change though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58,707 Posts
skohler said:
I bought my diff oil (mobil 1) about a year ago and I know it was around $9-10 a quart at autozone. I know prices change though.
Bought mine last month at Wally World. It was about 18 bucks a quart.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top