Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was told by a reputable vendor that I cannot run the 2.5" spacer that comes with the Maxtrac 6.5" spindle kit. Here's my setup which I thought was pretty solid considering the additional upgraded parts I decided to do to make it beefier. So here's my setup:

1) Maxtrac 6.5"(2.5" spacer)Spindle lift complete brakelines, 4" block, rear shocks
2) Radflo OEM 2.0 Coilovers (0-3.5" adjustable)
3) DK UCA's Bushing
4) PRG OEM End links
5) OWP Custom Traction Bars

Besides possible CBC even tho I upgraded DK UCA's please give me some insight as to why a spacer wouldn't work I mean it's part of the kit even say I don't crank the coilovers? Wouldn't it be better with the spacer that way there's no preload in the coilover! Or even if it cranked to 2"? Straight from PEG those coilovers are preset to 2.5". Maybe there was a misunderstanding but I'm pretty sure I was clear with my setup. In my mind I'm thinking since the Radflo's are OEM replacements what makes this different if I was to just keep my stock struts/coils do u know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: got off the phone with Greg at PRG and he recommend I go with his 1.5" spacer which will work with my setup since I am running DK UCA's. He does have a 1" spacer but he said because I'm an 08 2wd and with DK uppers I could run his 1.5" spacers with no issues!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so my Radflo's came in and i took a measurement of the top hat. looks to be about an 7/8". do you guys know if the OEM hat is actually smaller? i figure the Radflo top hat gives that extra inch and with the 1.6" spacer i'm ordering from Greg at PRG that gives me a little bit more height? Greg also told me i would have to knock out those studs for longer one's but i'm not sure how much longer i need?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
That 7/8 spacer will lift you about 1.5", the spacer measures shorter than what they will actually lift you.

Reactions: LSturbointeg

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
id run them like that and see how much height you have, let it all settle and then go from there.

adding a spacer to the coilover pushes the entire assembly down which makes the truck ride like sh1t. for me i machined down a 1.5" lift spacer to only lift the truck 1". the ride is much better.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That 7/8 spacer will lift you about 1.5", the spacer measures shorter than what they will actually lift you.
are you referring to the top hat of the coilover? that's the Radflo top hat not the spacer Greg is sending me. he did say because of my 08 and it's 2wd he recommended to run his 1.5" spacers instead of the 1"(7/8) spacer. when the spacers come in i'll actually measure it since i'm sure it's really not 1.5". as far as the Radflo setting i'm not really sure where to set it at as i do want as much lift possible but i don't want to feel like i'm riding on bricks! do you guys know if the coilover can be adjusted while it's on the truck or do i actually have to remove it from the truck?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id run them like that and see how much height you have, let it all settle and then go from there.

adding a spacer to the coilover pushes the entire assembly down which makes the truck ride like sh1t. for me i machined down a 1.5" lift spacer to only lift the truck 1". the ride is much better.
Hey Brother! let me ask you something? i took this from PRG's website on their 2WD Extended Travel Spindle Lift:
This package starts with the CST 4" spindle lift and adds the PRG Sway-A-Way 2.5" extended length coilovers and our PRG Upper Control Arms for increased height (up to 8.5" of lift) and more wheel travel (approx 9.0" of travel, vs. 7" stock).

now my kit is pretty similar to this other than i'm running Maxtrac 4" spindle, Radflo coilovers and DK uppers. i should pretty much get the same results in lift correct 8.5"? but because of the 1.5" PRG spacer should put me around 9+"?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Correct except I believe the saw extended travel is the longest travel shock you can get in the oem setup flavor (keeping the stock coil bucket, stock width, etc.). But yeah you should be at the same height.

I find it hard to believe Greg recommended you stack a taller spacer on top of the radflo top hat then putting a shorter spacer.

Radflos should be able to be adjusted on the truck. Since the shock is upside down the threads are pretty easily accessed once you take off the tire. It's the same setup at the SAWS that I used to run.

Those radflos are some nice shocks

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Dean was referring to the top hat. But the same ratio applies to the spacers. Titan shock ratio is 1.6:1. So 7/8 multiplied by 1.6 gives you 1.4 on my phone calculator. Which is the lift you'd get. So 1.5" spacer :)

This was brought up on the tundra forum, the more you push the LCA down via spacers does that change the ratio since the angle is changed and the wheel is actually closer to the mounting point of the shock??????

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Correct except I believe the saw extended travel is the longest travel shock you can get in the oem setup flavor (keeping the stock coil bucket, stock width, etc.). But yeah you should be at the same height.

I find it hard to believe Greg recommended you stack a taller spacer on top of the radflo top hat then putting a shorter spacer.

Radflos should be able to be adjusted on the truck. Since the shock is upside down the threads are pretty easily accessed once you take off the tire. It's the same setup at the SAWS that I used to run.

Those radflos are some nice shocks
i figured i wouldn't get the extended travel since the Radflo 2.0's is just an OEM replacement coilover which is fine since the biggest bumps around Ohio are the parking lot speed bumps lol! but yes, i did confirm with Greg because when i mentioned my setup he immediately said no go on the 2.5" spacer that's included in the Maxtrac spindle lift. he instructed me to install the spindle without the spacer, measure at full droop the allowable clearance and that he could custom make me a spacer for more lift. after we hung up i called him back and inquired about the 1" spacer he sells for coilovers only and he asked me again what year my truck was and if it was 4wd or 2wd? i told him 2008 2wd...he said because i'm an 08 that the coil bucket is different from the years before and that i shouldn't have any problems running his 1.5" spacer on my truck since i have the DK uppers. he confirmed it twice and i placed my order right over the phone with him. so i'm just going by his recommendations. he did say to leave the Radflo's at 0 since i'm using the 1.5" spacer

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
since your 2wd and using dk uppers he's saying the 1.5 will be fine is my guess. won't hurt to try it out!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
since your 2wd and using dk uppers he's saying the 1.5 will be fine is my guess. won't hurt to try it out!
i'll keep you posted...still waiting for the parts to come in

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
lifted long beds look awesome. can't wait to see it

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lifted long beds look awesome. can't wait to see it
Yup! Can't wait especially with those custom traction bars from OWP custom length for the longbed! I'm still wondering what I'll need to do to the rear since I know it's going to have that raked look

1 - 14 of 14 Posts