Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had mine on the truck for about 6 months and just power sprayed it this last weekend and it looks good as new....I didn't get the nozzle too close, but put enough juice to it to clean it up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Do it right and it'll last years. Cut corners and you'll want to peel it off in a month. Make sure you clean the area very throughly, do very light coats, at least 5. Adding glossifier plasti dip will help the dip stay on longer and keep its color. Let it dry all the way before peeling or else it'll just be a pain.do it right, it won't take much to maintain. Going on 3 years on my dip And I've never had to touch it up or do anything to it

Reactions: finallygotmeaTitan

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yeah I'm at about 4 years on my letters and it's starting to peel. Will probably pull it off and re-dip the lettering later this summer.

Also, KEEP ANY WAX AWAY FROM IT. If you get wax on it it'll turn white and never come off. Learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to dip rims ..ive watched a few videos on it but sometimes they make it look alot easier then it really is

·
Registered
391 Posts
It is not hard at all to dip rims. I did mine and used the deck of cards method around the edge of the wheel where it meets the tire and then used an old blanket over the tire. Take your time and let the layers dry. I just put the plastidip on my wheels and they lasted just fine until winter hit and then I had a few chips with some fading. Definitely recommend sealing it so it lasts longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts