Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while back I lifted my 2wd 05 titan. Up front I did a 4" CST spindle and prg 2" spacer on the factory strut. I think with the age everything up front is pretty shot and needs replaced, well anything that has a joint in it or moves, spindle is fine just a little rusty. Dirt king is running a good sale and pushing me to splurge on their mid travel kit as opposed to my original plan which was just aftermarket UCA, extended travel coilovers, and oem probably moog LCAs. Only thing I'm confused on is the bump stop and limit straps. I don't want to do their weld on shock hoop route with custom length king coil, just the extended travel like the icon 81005 or equivalent radflo or king.

So my question is, what easy bump stop options are there for the DK LCA? Getting their hydraulic king and weld on part and all that seems way overkill for what I do plus would prefer to stick with all bolt on and put that 700 bucks or so else where. Do you have to have a bump stop going this route? Currently I have the stepped cone style screwed into the LCA that came with the prg kit. I'd hate to drill a hole and tap those pretty looking DK LCA but is that an option? Also, do you have to have the straps if doing the extended travel coils? I'm assuming not. I'm also assuming it's fine to use the cst spindle with these. Last, anyone miss their sway bar when going this route and any pref on coils?

I have an email out to dirtking asking basically the same thing but figured I'd see if anyone had thoughts or opinions here. If I have to get into welding and all that I think I'll just get oem LCAs and prgs delrin bushing kit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
You dont need to add a bump stop you can add one in the coil over or just mount a rubber style on the lower arm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. So I already have one of the rubber styles on my stock LCAs, it came with the PRG spacer and goes where the factory one was. It has a threaded stud coming out the bottom to attach it. It just didnt look like the DK LCAs had a tapped hole or thru hole to do the same thing. So are you saying just add a hole to them? Or is there some other kind of way to attach them?

Adding one to the coilover sounds the easiest. I haven't seen one like that, do you have an example pic or link? Does it just go on the shaft? Although I guess it probably doesn't protect the coilover as much though since if you bottomed out the load would still go through your coilover as opposed to your frame with the rubber LCA style.

Either way sounds like your saying there are options and I should pull the trigger on the kit!!! 😁

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes the coil over can have one on the shaft, its just a rubber ring so it wont bind on full compression. I cant remember how the factory one mounts. Maybe you could reverse it and mount the bump stop not on the arm but where it hits to stop. I have the dk lower arms there is no where for a bump stop to mount. Your bump will be mounted to the frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info. So what options are you running with your dk lca if you don't mind me asking and are you happy with everything?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the long travel kit with the weld in shock hoop. Yes i like it works great and was pretty easy to install. I also run the king bumps and shocks. I also have fiberglass fenders and run 37" tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts