Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past December I replaced the OEM Goodyears with a set of BFG Longtrail TR Tour tires. I was looking forward to the change since I didn't realize until I did some tire research that so many Titan owners really disliked the Goodyear SRAs.

I was looking for a smooth, quite ride for those long highway hauls. I don't go off road much so while I looked at the REVOS (and they looked great) I passed them up thinking the BFGs with their less aggressive tread design would be quieter.

Well, compared to the Goodyears I can now say I wish I had at least replaced them with another set of Goodyears. Road noise is about the same with the BFG as when my SRAs were new. Ride, however, is harsher and rough with the BFGs even when compared to 44K SRAs. Traction feels about the same.

So, lesson learned. Don't believe the reviews you read on tires.com or other places and BFG doesn't cut it.

SP

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I happen to like the Goodyear SRA, quiet and decent traction after four Chicago winters.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Seems like the only BFG truck tire that is worth owning is the All Terrain TA. The rest of their truck offerings seem to be trash.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I do not know if the BFG Longtrail TR Tour tires you bought are load rated (as in a LT tire) or not, but if they are they will be stiffer due to the thicker sidewalls. Passenger tires (P-rated) like the OEM SRA's will always give a smoother ride than LT tires. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Make sure they didn't put 70 PSi in them, if not carry them back and you might be able to get another brand, some companies have a test drive time. Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
The only BFG I would consider would be the M/T. I've been very disappointed with any of their street tires and their A/T tires I've had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the Goodyear SRA's also. Traction, ride, handling and noise are all good. Just replaced the originals @49000 miles. Good deal @ Sears, buy 3 get 1 free.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
3 goodyear sets in 50k miles. Crap

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
My BFG all-terrains are the quietest set of tires i've ever owned on any vehicle! they are smooth and roll good, great traction... now offroad is a different story. they're okay, don't really inspire confidence although they did well the last time out. if i had to do it again i would but am looking to get a pair of BFG KM1s for me to swap out to when i hit the dezert for optimal abuse! there were many times i thought i popped the ATs, whilst tearing thru trails...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts