Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some tire shopping the other day to replace my Mickey Thompson MTZs. A local shop had them for about $200 cheaper than Discount Tire but much to my surprise DT matched the price. Ordered them and had them mounted with no problems.
I went to the store on NW Expressway just west of Council in Oklahoma City.
I was out the door for $1094 for four 33x12.5x17. Great deal IMO. Thumbs up to these guys.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You always gotta look on Discounttiredirect.com prices are way cheaper than the store.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I got my tires at a local shop and they beat everybodys prices, I always find the lowest price and take some off of that and find a company willing to sell at That price. Discount wouldn't even come near the price I paid for my tires.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nobody here could touch the parking lot of the ball park on DT's prices for Terra Grapplers. Even Big O where I used to work at employee cost was like $30/Tire higher.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my tires at a local shop and they beat everybodys prices, I always find the lowest price and take some off of that and find a company willing to sell at That price. Discount wouldn't even come near the price I paid for my tires.
What local shop did you happen to go to around the area?

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
My local Discount Tire doesn't carry Toyo. Their lo$$. All my other vehicle's tires come from the local Discount Tire. I took in a set of tires (off the vehicle) to get rebalanced. They asked why they weren't on the vehicle. I had to fiddle with the wheel caps (I have them jerry rigged). They said just bring it in, they'll figure it out. Later in the afternoon I brought in my wife's minivan to have the 2 month old tires rebalanced. It took about 25 minutes. It was like pulling in to the pits at Daytona. They swarmed the van. I only had enough time to walk next door to get a milkshake from the Golden Arches Dinner Club and then a coffee at DT and they were done. It might have helped that I pulled in 30 minutes before they closed. While I was there a Porsche Panamerica pulled in with a flat. I think the techs were scared to touch his car for fear of breaking something really expensive. But they got it done.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I tried the price match thing. It ended up being more at DT with all things considered. I really prefer to buy tires local but sometimes the difference is enough to buy an extra tire (which is what I did).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts