Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will probably interest no one on the board but I need to ask it. Anybody have a hookup on anything Disney World related? I need tickets and airfare. Again I know I am grasping at straws here but it is worth a try. Maybe somebody has a family member that can get discount tickets. Possible a travel agent or someone that works for an airline. I promised the kids and now I have to deliver.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Only discount I know of is for deployed soldiers. I didn't get to take advantage of it, so I couldn't say how good of a discount it is.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I hope to take the family next spring, the $1600 6 Nights, 7 Days deal seem fairly good for a Disney World vacation. Puts you in a normal motel room that looks like a dalmation! No bargain, but less than I anticipated. They have Cabins too. Go online and get their free DVD about the place, avoid the park hopper option, do 1 park per day. Skip the add ons.

Looking to take the Auto Train :) on a Saturday night down and Friday night back. That gives us two over night trips. Get on at 4 pm, off at 730 am. Drive to Disney for the week. Come back same, home is just an hour or so from the Auto Train in VA. Saves a lot of time/fuel/meals on the road. All driving is Saturday to and Saturday back, no rush hour around DC. Better deal than I thought it would be to. Still will cost 4K for the whole deal. :( Less Titan Mods after that one.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
I took the family (me, wife two kids) a couple of years ago. I know it sounds corny, but I loved it. We did a Disney vacation, one of the ones you can book at the Disney website. It was around $2,000 but it included the hotel (we stayed on Disney at Pop Century), The Park Hopper tickets which took us wherever we wanted to go (with two small kids, Disney World could not be done in one day). It also included 1 or two meals, although they weren't that impressive.

We drove, from Texas, it wasn't terrible (would have been better in the Titan but that was BT). Disney has some package deals that include airfare. They tend to get expensive. It comes down to, what do you want to do? If you do know someone in Florida you can get discounted tickets, but you cannot get the discounted tickets with a Disney package.

If you want to do anything special, like the Princess breakfast in the Castle (we did it) you have to book it well in advance. The character meals fill up fast.

Now, if your like me, we booked well in advance, so when we finally got around to actually going, we had already paid credit card off that we booked it on. The problem is, Disney is a money pit, unless you are really tight with your money you should probably just expect to drop another grand just to be there for a week. Meals on Disney grounds are expensive. Unless you just want to be waited on, go to one of the short order places instead of sit down dining, its cheaper. Then theres the collectibles. They do pin trading at all the parks now. Every employee is wearing a lanyard with a bunch of little Disney pins on it. At anytime you can stop one and demand they "trade pins" with you. Its great, except you have to make the initial pin investment. We bought our kids the lanyard with 4 pins, and then let them pick out 4 more pins a piece to trade. Then we realized they don't want to trade away the nice pins we just bought, so we bought another group of them just for them trade. They aren't cheap either. At one point in time I'm pretty sure my kids had a hundred bucks slung across their necks.

Then there is the other stuff. If you have a daughter good luck not buying her a princess dress. We came home a few stuffed animals heavier, there are the figurines and snow globes etc... Although admittedly, the figurine I wanted didn't come with us because we had just realized how much we spent. It was a little figure of Mickey Mouse sitting in front of an art easel and a mirror, he is drawing a self portrait of himself. The picture he is drawing, is Walt Disney.

So good luck. Have a blast, it is fun. I don't care who you are, a couple of days at Disney World and you will act like a big kid with a credit card, so be careful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went with extended family a couple years ago. I really enjoyed SeaWorld. Disney World was way too crowded for me. My mother-in-law got us a room at the military resort & it was nice. I also got a discount at the Disney (Palms) Golf Course & that was very nice. We took a much needed one week cruise to the Bahamas after that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry, no hook-up, but I have booked our last 2 DW trips through a Disney-specialized travel agency called Magical Journeys(link below). They can tell you the best deals available for the dates you are looking at. They will also pass along any applicable deals that come up after you have booked with them. We usually shop & book our own airfare.

DW is offering their dining plan free right now for vacations from late August to late September. I forget the actual dates. It's a great deal as it normally costs $39/person/day.

You can definately drop some coin going to DW (especially if you have kids AND have never been), but there are also ways to go on the cheap as well. I don't know what your time frame is but one of the cheaper times to go is in the Fall. Their value level resorts are just as cheap or cheaper than local hotels plus you get to use the bus transportation to/from the parks. No rental car is needed in Orlando if all you're doing is DW. There is a shuttle to/from the airport. Not buying the park hopper option provides some savings, as mentioned.

There are tons of Disney boards on the web. PM me if you're interested.

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
too be honest i can set you up, my close friends unle works there and rents us a few hotels for a week for free whenever we want, we get passes to all parks and everything... is there like a finders fee for helping you out ??? lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
SpiritOne said:
I took the family (me, wife two kids) a couple of years ago. I know it sounds corny, but I loved it. We did a Disney vacation, one of the ones you can book at the Disney website. It was around $2,000 but it included the hotel (we stayed on Disney at Pop Century), The Park Hopper tickets which took us wherever we wanted to go (with two small kids, Disney World could not be done in one day). It also included 1 or two meals, although they weren't that impressive.

We drove, from Texas, it wasn't terrible (would have been better in the Titan but that was BT). Disney has some package deals that include airfare. They tend to get expensive. It comes down to, what do you want to do? If you do know someone in Florida you can get discounted tickets, but you cannot get the discounted tickets with a Disney package.
blah blah blah...rest cut to make room for post... :)

What he said. Basically my family's Disney trip last month to the tee. Except we travelled in a Suburban XLT and stopped in Daytona for a night for Daytona Bike Week (like Sturgis of FL) that was fun! From Houston it was about 21 hr drive or so, and with me, wife, 2 kids, and 2 grandparents..that was a heck of a lot cheaper then flying! Plus we took a BUNCH of stuff and had a great time travelling and letting the kids see other states. I will say that I was impressed with Florida's rest areas LOL...very plush and nice!

As for reservations and such, you can book 6 months in advance your dinners, etc. My wife booked something everyday. The one thing that I would DEFINITELY recommend above Cinderella's castle is the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. All u can eat RIBS, chicken, brisket, burgers, hot dogs, and MICKEY MOUSE EAR ICE CREAMS. Oh, did I fail to mention all u can drink Bud light?? Oh yeah..a lot of fun that was!! Slammin' keg beer, eatin' ribs, and then tossin' back about 4 of those mickey ear ice creams LOL. Trust me, I got my money's worth on that one! haha

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
cpd315 said:
What he said. Basically my family's Disney trip last month to the tee. Except we travelled in a Suburban XLT and stopped in Daytona for a night for Daytona Bike Week (like Sturgis of FL) that was fun! From Houston it was about 21 hr drive or so, and with me, wife, 2 kids, and 2 grandparents..that was a heck of a lot cheaper then flying! Plus we took a BUNCH of stuff and had a great time travelling and letting the kids see other states. I will say that I was impressed with Florida's rest areas LOL...very plush and nice!

As for reservations and such, you can book 6 months in advance your dinners, etc. My wife booked something everyday. The one thing that I would DEFINITELY recommend above Cinderella's castle is the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. All u can eat RIBS, chicken, brisket, burgers, hot dogs, and MICKEY MOUSE EAR ICE CREAMS. Oh, did I fail to mention all u can drink Bud light?? Oh yeah..a lot of fun that was!! Slammin' keg beer, eatin' ribs, and then tossin' back about 4 of those mickey ear ice creams LOL. Trust me, I got my money's worth on that one! haha

that's great :hungry: :rofl: now I want to go see Mickey :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts