Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried over 100 of my CDs in the system and not one shows this data. Is there something special that needs to be coded on the CD?

Display CD text:

To change the text displayed while playing a CD, press the AUDIO knob until Display Mode appears. Turn the Tuning knob within 2 seconds. The text
will change as follows:

Track number -----> Track title -----> Disc title -----> Track number

I keep getting "No Track Title" or "No Disc Title"

Anyone got this to work yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
CD's

rrumaner said:
I have tried over 100 of my CDs in the system and not one shows this data. Is there something special that needs to be coded on the CD?

Display CD text:

To change the text displayed while playing a CD, press the AUDIO knob until Display Mode appears. Turn the Tuning knob within 2 seconds. The text
will change as follows:

Track number -----> Track title -----> Disc title -----> Track number

I keep getting "No Track Title" or "No Disc Title"

Anyone got this to work yet?

Mine works with my newer CD's. Mostly those I bought within the last 3 years.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since I don't have mine yet, I'm only guessing at this ... but I believe you have to program in that information. Most cd changers I've had in the past required me to input that information.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I get the same display, for CD's the only title that seems to work is the track #. Don't know why, I thought it was my user error. The radio functions all work. Frustrating for sure........I can picture you in the truck with a stack of CD"s....HA. Thanks for confirming a problem, now what to do.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Skip Hess said:
I get the same display, for CD's the only title that seems to work is the track #. Don't know why, I thought it was my user error. The radio functions all work. Frustrating for sure........I can picture you in the truck with a stack of CD"s....HA. Thanks for confirming a problem, now what to do.
same here even my newer cds dont show text. not sure whats up and i could not find a way to input text for different cds either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use many of my CD's on my computer player and it has all the track information displayed, the same CD's in the truck are a no go. Hence, i think there are some systems that are not operating correctly. Guess?

·
Registered
8 Posts
In order for the CD player to output the CD info, the CD needs to have been recorded with the data in the first place. This is a newer technology (mid 90's) and is starting to filter out to more companies. A decent article describing the Sony CD-Text system (ITTS) is: http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/cdtext.htm If you are burning CDs from your computer, you can also record the necessary CD info by selecting a few options. Just search for "CD text" in the help and it usually is quite easy to do. I customize the CD text on my CDs so I know when I made them and the type of music they contain... Thus, if you're not seeing the CD info on your stereo, odds are the company that burned the CD didn't burn the data file onto the CD in the first place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is definitely not the player it's the cd's. My car has an aftermarket cd player that will show text, but only on certain cd's and defintely not that many of them. Otherwise you will have to enter the info yourself.

·
Premium Member
17,124 Posts
"I have tried over 100 of my CDs in the system"

I have a bunch of CDs also, and got sick of carrying them around, scratching them, etc.

I bought a Neo 25 II MP3 player with a 40 Gig Hard Drive that holds the equivalent of about 800 CDs converted to mp3 format. The power cord plugs into a cigarette lighter socket and the line out plugs into the aux jack on the radio with a 3.5 mm mini-jack stereo patch cord. The player sits on the center console, and you can quickly unplug it and take it with you when you go. Plug it into headphones, PC speakers, home stereo systems, friends' stereo systems, etc. It has a display screen where you can browse through folders (e.g. main folders for artist and sub folders for album). It also has an internal rechargeable battery so you can use it without external power until the battery drains.

Other mfgs make them also (IPOD, Creative Nomad, etc.) but you want to make sure you get one with a line out connection so you can connect it to the aux jack on the car stereo.

If you have over 100 CDs, maybe you should think about an MP3 player. I used Music Match software to convert my CDs to mp3, and it has a CDDB feature that automatically looks up the album, artist, and track names from the Internet. I think other software has the feature also (e.g. WinAmp).

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have over 100 CDs said:
Actually I have over 1500 CDs and at least 5000 LPs (anyone remember vinyl). I am considering an MP3 player, I just am not sure which one is the best one for the money.

My wife works for an independent record label (folk music) and she orders all our music at wholesale which makes it fun each time she brings home a catalogue. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
It requires CD text to be on the cd. Many cd's do not have this. Why? Who knows.

I reburnt a lot of my cd's using roxio and they now display the text!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts