Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 SL, CC, 4x4. Nav display very dim. Have adjusted it on the display and the adjustment stalk in the instrument cluster, still very dim. Almost can't read it during the day, not set on night, set on day. Am I missing something? The Murano and the Garmin are way better than this. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
407 Posts
2015 SL, CC, 4x4. Nav display very dim. Have adjusted it on the display and the adjustment stalk in the instrument cluster, still very dim. Almost can't read it during the day, not set on night, set on day. Am I missing something? The Murano and the Garmin are way better than this. Any suggestions?
Headlights on or off?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had this same issue until I figured it out. The radio unit itself has a brightness setting for the video screen. Go into the settings menu and you should see a screen setup. You should be able to adjust the brightness level there.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Headlights off, no change, headlights on, no change.

Tried on the screen, all the way up still too dark.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Does the radio, instrument cluster, and everything else dim at night and brighten up during the day? Just seeing if you can rule out the light sensor. If everything else stays the same brightness all the time, could be the sensor is bad.

Since you are under warranty, I would have the dealer figure it out for you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
On my Titan, all the headlight switch does is turn the navigation screen into night mode. It also dims the screen, but that should be adjustable. I don't think I have a light sensor, so I don't know how that affects the screen, if it does. My screen is plenty bright when turned up all the way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine is blinding bright, even when the headlights are on. I've been searching the nav settings trying figure it out. Never thought to check the radio settings.

Ian

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looked at radio settings, can't find any adjustment for the screen brightness. Did have Nissan tech delete the auto seat slide exit/entry (could do that on my own in the Murano settings) and look at the screen brightness. He said it was normal. Shrugs shoulders......

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
On my '13 there is a brightness button in the right if the head unit for night / day.

It's one of the flush buttons & has a little sun on it.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, know where it is, thanks. Still does not help.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Might have found the problem. Is the display different than my 2011 Murano? As in from LCD to LED or whatever? I noticed when test driving a 2015 Murano that the screen and other lighted displays in the center stack were displayed weird when wearing polarized sunglasses. They looked cracked, distorted, had moisture behind them or just plain dark. I got a different look with non polarized lenses.
I don't know what type of screen the old 2011 Murano had, but it always looked good regardless of eyewear. Not so with the new version of the Mo or T. Only had polarized prescription sunglasses or night time prescription glasses in the Titan after moving stuff from old car to new.
I will have to try my non-polarized Oakleys to see if that's the problem. Even with no sunglasses on it seemed dark though, maybe a combination of screen type, sunglasses type and no tint on windows (yet).
No problem with the screen in the Pilot or on either Samsung phone or IPad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts