Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to my fellow members....not everyones situation is the same but mine sure did suck.

After reading some pretty good reviews compared them to its competitors, I placed an order from STILLEN : Precision Performance Components for Your Car or Truck for a Injen Technologies CAI on Feb 17th.
Everything seemed great since their price was the lowest compared to others and they where offering free shipping.
Feb 18th i received an email stating my item was going to be shipped feb 21-23rd so im like ok i placed it on a friday i guess its normal.
Feb 23rd came along and no emails or package, at this time i emailed and called just to learn that they dont have my item in stock and it will be shipped out mid following week...now im like :crying: yea its not a big deal but seriously....post something on your website stating you do not have this item available.
So its now February 29th...the end of the month and i'm "supposed" to receive my intake March 1st....sorry to sound like a douche bag but they should seriously let their customers know they don't have what they are looking for in stock.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I second that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
received the intake STRAIGHT from injen...nothing from stillen.com

Ive learned my lesson and will NEVER purchase from these guys again.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
perhaps they should state that in their website, btw they claimed to have it in stock but was missing a component which i call bs :ftard:
Almost all companies are like that. Depending on their inventory system, which costs a lot to run in the first place, will never be perfect. Ive had many companies that said they had the products in stock but they never do. usually, they have it shipped straight from the manufacturer and that why it seems to take a while because it costs money to keep items on the shelves. Thats from my business perspective. Although I have never had that problem with Stillen, I still support them because they have invested lots of research and development into our Titans and all their products have been worth it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just a heads up to my fellow members....not everyones situation is the same but mine sure did suck.

After reading some pretty good reviews compared them to its competitors, I placed an order from STILLEN : Precision Performance Components for Your Car or Truck for a Injen Technologies CAI on Feb 17th.
Everything seemed great since their price was the lowest compared to others and they where offering free shipping.
Feb 18th i received an email stating my item was going to be shipped feb 21-23rd so im like ok i placed it on a friday i guess its normal.
Feb 23rd came along and no emails or package, at this time i emailed and called just to learn that they dont have my item in stock and it will be shipped out mid following week...now im like :crying: yea its not a big deal but seriously....post something on your website stating you do not have this item available.
So its now February 29th...the end of the month and i'm "supposed" to receive my intake March 1st....sorry to sound like a douche bag but they should seriously let their customers know they don't have what they are looking for in stock.
Sir,

I apologize for not seeing this sooner. Unfortunately I do not make it to the forums very much anymore as I am involved in multiple areas of the company these days. However, if you ever have any issues (or anyone else reading this for that matter) please feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

In regards to your particular situation where the Injen intake was not in stock, we do our best to inventory as much as we can. As it has been mentioned there are very few companies who have one of everything on their shelves these days. However, currently I have a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse stocked full with about 2 million dollars of non-STILLEN product on the shelves. We do our best to inventory as much of the top selling products as we can but at times we do run low or out and at that time we are at the mercy of our vendors and their referrals. If you were told it would take a few days to ship, it's because we were told it would take a few days to ship.

Again, I'm very sorry that you were not pleased with your shopping experience with us. If you decide you are interested in another one of our products or a product we carry and would like to give us a second chance to earn your business please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or by phone at 800-576-2131 ext. 173.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Like all things, everyone has a different experience with vendors. I purchased Stillen LT headers and am pleased with both the purchase, product and support.

YAMMV...and did! While people, myself included, are quick to point out bad experiences we often forget to mention happiness with expected experience, just sayin.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I work within this industry and can certainly understand your pain. Our competitors stock items we don't carry and I've ordered from them only to be disappointed by the lack of communication and the painfully long shipping times. While no system is perfect there is always room for improvement as we have found.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
We've also had situations when popular items have been down to ones or twos and more than 3 have ordered in a certain time period before replenishment arrives in 24-48 hours form that date. We make every effort to be proactive in starting the dialogue so the customer is well informed. As I said earlier, every system can be prone to failure if not attended to or cared for.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sir,

I apologize for not seeing this sooner. Unfortunately I do not make it to the forums very much anymore as I am involved in multiple areas of the company these days. However, if you ever have any issues (or anyone else reading this for that matter) please feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

In regards to your particular situation where the Injen intake was not in stock, we do our best to inventory as much as we can. As it has been mentioned there are very few companies who have one of everything on their shelves these days. However, currently I have a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse stocked full with about 2 million dollars of non-STILLEN product on the shelves. We do our best to inventory as much of the top selling products as we can but at times we do run low or out and at that time we are at the mercy of our vendors and their referrals. If you were told it would take a few days to ship, it's because we were told it would take a few days to ship.

Again, I'm very sorry that you were not pleased with your shopping experience with us. If you decide you are interested in another one of our products or a product we carry and would like to give us a second chance to earn your business please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or by phone at 800-576-2131 ext. 173.
Kudos to Kyle for not only taking time out of his schedule to read the forums, but also attempting to make this right. Good customer service goes a long way. While it would have been great to get the correct information during the process, it is nice to see a vendor that is willing to revisit an issue and fix the situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stillen Lt headers,stillen cai,and Stillen right side stainless steal exhaust,Stillen rear end cover.love the improvement, great increase on horse power.
I do hate to wait for my parts so I understand your pain!However there parts are worth the wait,
If your ever in sarasota,fl.I can show ya.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
yea the stillen guys aren't that great to deal with. i just got my products and parted ways. def not a company i prefer dealing with mainly due to their customer service. they make a great product but the service makes you not even wanna buy it lol. i was so close to buy DTLTs instead of my stillen lts cuz my previous issues with stillen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my LT's and got them the second day. I was surprised such a "small" company could turn an order this large and heavy out that fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts