Nissan Titan Forum banner

441 - 447 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice write-up and step-by-step instructions!👌😎

I've run several different CAI's in my T over the yrs. Starting with the OEM Air Box Mod w/ K&N drop-in filter, AEM Bruteforce, Fujita F5 and the one I have now Airaid MXP.

All of them are some what similar in performance with the Best IMO being the Airaid MXP and the AEM Bruteforce coming in second.

Happy Modding!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jumped on this today. Figured like some have done to make the mod without removing the air box.
So unclipped the lid, put a cloth in to keep stuff out of the intake tube and set to with the rotary tool, carving out a nice elliptical piece and deburring it with the grinding stone tip.
Vacuumed out the shavings and wiped out the interior of the box.
Looking pretty fine, about 10 minutes passed. Then the God forsaken top to put on. I'm not sure why but the middle tab and loop just don't like going together. Not to mention that the Fram filter seems a little pudgy around the top edge.
So I get the filter in and the rear tab is positioned, working on the middle tab and I hear a tinkle.
I don't know why Nissan saw fit to put the forward air box lid clip in hanging down? The rear one unclips from the bottom of the air box but the front one clips to the lid. It dropped right out and went under the air box.🤬
I tried my magnet stick, no luck. Couldn't see the clip using my phone camera either.
So now I'm taking out the air box, disconnecting the MAF and clamp to get the lid out of the way and undoing the 2 bolts that hold the bottom in. Got the clip, damn hard to reinstall not certain why it would drop out in the first place. I used a small C clamp to press it in like a bearing.
Reassembly went without a hitch except for the middle tab and loop being their difficult selves. Start the truck, no lights, no weird noises, done. Haven't gone anywhere yet so the butt dyno will have to wait.
20200711_125136.jpg

20200711_125213.jpg

20200711_125146.jpg

20200711_130348.jpg

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Heavy braided fishing line does the trick with no mess. :)

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Yep. Slip it under the snorkel with plenty of slack to grab on both ends and start the saw action. Zips right through. No mess.

Reactions: Mach1tosh

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
265 Posts
Yep. Slip it under the snorkel with plenty of slack to grab on both ends and start the saw action. Zips right through. No mess.
That's pretty slick. I may have to stop by Cabela's today and buy some line!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone done this mod BUT replaced the tube into the air box with a larger tube? if so, what did you do?
thanks
tuts

441 - 447 of 447 Posts