Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not looking for a racing truck but would like to boost MPG if possible. DO these mods actually do anything for the truck that is just used around town.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didnt get any increase in MPG with my CAI. It is for added power due to less restrictive airflow and to support future mods. Some members will also tell you that adding a CAI without changing the exhaust is a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have the DIY air-box mod w/ K&N Air Filter. As for an increase in MPGs, I really don't know. Maybe there was slight increase, but the problem is the same as everyone else has with theirs. When you do this mod, it sounds so freakin' cool at wide open throttle that you'll be burning more gas rather than saving it. But if you can control the fun pedal, I suppose you can get an increase with it. Either way, it's a free mod so go ahead and do it! :cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thing already sounds pretty good to me and I am currently gettin 15.3-15.5 MPG in the city but every little bit helps.

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
sigep1967 said:
This thing already sounds pretty good to me and I am currently gettin 15.3-15.5 MPG in the city but every little bit helps.
I WISH i was getting that much. Im getting 11.5 to 12.5 around town. I would say leave it alone if you are getting 15 mpg.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the only reason I get that well is my drive to work is mostly hwy where I just set the cruise on 60 and go. I have been on a couple of long trips and got right at 19 for HWY

·
Registered
662 Posts
IMO the DIY airbox mod really doesn't help with MPG. The only thing thats gonna help the Titan with MPG is a piece of 2x4 under the gas pedal.

·
Registered
603 Posts
06titancrewse said:
I WISH i was getting that much. Im getting 11.5 to 12.5 around town. I would say leave it alone if you are getting 15 mpg.

and I wish I was getting that ;) My foot is to damn heavy to allow 11+ mpg

But then again, if I wanted a vehicle that gets good gas mileage I would of bought a Primus LOL

·
Registered
723 Posts
I used to get 15-15.5 all the time on the highway in stock form (cruise set at 75-80mph). Last four round trips (over 300 miles one way) I have average 16.8, 17.1, 16.5 and 16.8 with the addition of my AEM CAI. That is enough for me to be convinced. But in town, 'nother story. Sounds too freakin good to not get on it all the time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tholmes said:
I used to get 15-15.5 all the time on the highway in stock form (cruise set at 75-80mph). Last four round trips (over 300 miles one way) I have average 16.8, 17.1, 16.5 and 16.8 with the addition of my AEM CAI. That is enough for me to be convinced. But in town, 'nother story. Sounds too freakin good to not get on it all the time.
AEM is next on my list.:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts