Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feel bad about thread jacking another trac bar thread. Thought I'd provide an update on the delrin washers I made.

I have RC trac bars with PRG upgraded heims that I put on about 6 or 8 months ago. They wore out quick from off-roading and the bars were very easy to rotate by hand, which I believe caused them to rattle and clank. So I decided to try some DIY delrin washers. After more than a week of daily driving they are holding up great and the bars no longer rattle and clank.

Last week - made them and put them on. The little metal piece below the forstner bit is the piece that inserts into the heim to space it from the bracket. BTW forstner bits make nice clean holes.

For the OD I used a 2" hole saw after cutting the inner hole. This way I was able to get a semi concentric part... my drill press is old school. Thanks Zaida and RIP!

I put the oversized one right up against the heim, and the tight one on the flange side. My thinking being that this would allow the inner one to slide and flex with the bar motion.

Installed the washers. This is last week, freshly installed...

This is this today after driving every day - probably 100 miles or so on them. They look really good still.

Finally, here's a video of them in action. I also plan to take a video from behind the axel mounted area.

Videos looking at the axel end of the traction bar. My exhaust heat shield for my airbags rattles a bit, and it looks like I've got a small exhaust leak lol.

Now I want to add videos with the washers off so we can see the difference.

Seems to have worked so far, and this is a super easy DIY mod. After doing this I realized how much I overpaid for PRG LCA washers lol.

Install instructions:

First unbolt your RC traction bars.

Next put the larger ID washer on the outer end of the Heim. It should fit very loose.

Next put the smaller ID washer on the same side so that the first washer is sandwiched between the heim and the smaller ID washer. The smaller ID washer should be snug on the metal rough country spacer. Also, the washer should be about flush with the end of the metal spacer.

Finally bolt the RC bars back up, and repeat on the other side.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
maybe ill have ya make me some for the LCA's since i'm sure these 1A LCA bushings are gonna wear out fast.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anytime bud

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
added a couple more videos

·
Registered
919 Posts
Would you be interested in selling some of them. I would love to try this out. Mine are making some noise and would like to see if this helps. If not I can buy the hole saw and the delrin, but if you wanted to make a few dollars, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I could make you some this weekend. I told one guy $40 shipped, but I think I can do it for him and you and the first 5 or so people who want some for $30 shipped in the US.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Challenge accepted.

Ya I could make you some this weekend. I told one guy $40 shipped, but I think I can do it for him and you and the first 5 or so people who want some for $30 shipped in the US.
I'll take a set for the Lower Control Arms, include me in the first 5

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want a set for my RC traction bars, tired of the clunk

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok pm me. There's 2 spots left at $30 shipped. After that I have to get more material

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Your PMs are full. Yes, I want these for the Lower Control Arms. Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your PMs are full. Yes, I want these for the Lower Control Arms. Thanks

Okay. All parts are getting sent out today.

For anyone else interested please email me at [email protected]

I still have 2 sets of traction bar washers left at $30 shipped in the US.

New washers are going to be $40 shipped in the US.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I received my washers Friday and just installed the washers on my RC traction bars. Went for a cruise and all the noise stopped. I was even getting a clunk in the front, but it must of been traveling up the frame from the bars. The best 30 bucks I ever spent. Thanks avmaldo!!

Sent from my XT1254

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received my washers Friday and just installed the washers on my RC traction bars. Went for a cruise and all the noise stopped. I was even getting a clunk in the front, but it must of been traveling up the frame from the bars. The best 30 bucks I ever spent. Thanks avmaldo!!

Sent from my XT1254

Awesome! Glad they worked for you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
This sounds like a new business startup opportunity.:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just sold and shipped the last set I was able to make with the material I had on hand!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts