Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Does anyone out there have the grille mod done with a chrome shell? I see alot of color matched shells but no chrome ones? Does anyone have any pics they could post if they do have this done? I might try and tackle this one if I can see how it is going to look.

Also, has anyone done this mesh on the lower grille? I;m not sure if this is actually even possible but I think it would look sweet to match them up!

Props to N2TITAN on this mod!! Looks great if you ask me!!

Thanks as always!!

Reactions: 25370

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Here ya go....

Attachments

Reactions: CanadianKid

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys! I am contemplating doing this mod or getting a billet grille. I originally wanted to do the one peice but might just stick to the three peice overlay and get it powdercoated black. I don't really wanna hack my grill up with out having something to replace it with (another grille). Decisions, decisions..........!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Check my sig pic.

Reactions: CanadianKid

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So with this mod can you spilt the grille and just pop the burger off? I would rather not have to cut it up if I don't need too. Would that look stupid if done that way?? I have seen a few that have left the sides and just cut out the middle section? is it really needed.

Thx

·
Registered
183 Posts
here's mine...

Attachments

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
So with this mod can you spilt the grille and just pop the burger off? I would rather not have to cut it up if I don't need too. Would that look stupid if done that way?? I have seen a few that have left the sides and just cut out the middle section? is it really needed.

Thx

You defnitely need to remove the emblem. The grille's mesh can stay but it will look like this. I cut out the middle mesh and kept the outer mesh. See the difference. It's really up to you how clean you want it to look. Keep in mind if you keep the middle mesh, the backing (the back part of the burger) wiil show.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Thx
Just go for it... If yer gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

The chrome part of the burger comes off but the problem is that it still wont make the grill flush with the overlay because there is portion of the grill plastic behind the burger that sticks out...a lil more 1/4 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just go for it... If yer gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.
LOL.... Well said! Ya I noticed this last night. I guess it is all or nothing then! I am gonna try and get this done after I get my level/tires on in the next couple weeks. Might price a new grille out just in case!!:)

I noticed in another post that a guy had the lower grille done as well. Do you guys know how hard that is to do? Or any steps to do it?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
LOL.... Well said! Ya I noticed this last night. I guess it is all or nothing then! I am gonna try and get this done after I get my level/tires on in the next couple weeks. Might price a new grille out just in case!!:)

I noticed in another post that a guy had the lower grille done as well. Do you guys know how hard that is to do? Or any steps to do it?

Thanks!!
I used the "Home depoT" grill mod which requires you to make your own mesh inserts out of expanded metal. in the end mose guys would end up with rough edges on the inserts but its no biggie because the chrome part of the grill hides it. I know there are some premade grill inserts and they have the lower grill option available but i dont think I have ever seen someone do the home depot grill mod to the lower grill. Not sayin it cant be done and not sayin it wouldnt look cool.

The premade ones are legit though but ya gotta do the whole front of the truck and they aint cheap...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Finished it for now(until it needs to be powder coated) this past weekend. Here is a night shot in the garage and a before/after day shot. It was shot with black primer and high heat semi gloss black. In the desert working with old plastic sucks because it's brittle from the dry air and heat etc. Getting the black plastic detached from the outer part of the grill where in my case it is chrome can be very hard. I couldn't unlatch all the plastic inserts at once without breaking things so? what to do? I pried each tab with a flat tip and inserted a plastic zip tie in between the holding tab and the plastic latch. I then sprayed silicone on each one and the whole thing came off real easy without breaking any of the tabs etc. I had to take it back off twice to cut the middle section at the bottom again.. its tricky because the black mold pushes the new metal grill in at the bottom and the metal doesn't bend.. if you do try bending it you take a chance of warping the part of the grill that shows so I just re-cut it twice. If you have the time get it powder coated and I was told over on mightytitans.com that it only cost about $20. I am going to figure out the bottom piece next,, when I have time.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks Great! Thanks for the pics.

At the moment I am trying to track down a black shell to try this on. I haven't really decided if I am gonna do this, get a 4 pc billet, 1 pc billet, SS mesh inserts, leave it polished or PC it??

Really on the fence about what to do with my grille!!!:confused:

Reactions: Slade8

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my opinion this is the best overlay for a 2009. I have seen it in person and put my hands on it to test it etc. What I like is it does not cover or prevent any more air from reaching your radiator. It covers and lays over the existing black plastic squares of your current grill. It has small diamond shapes where the black plastic intersects. Up close, on the ones I have seen installed there aren't any gaps around the edges and you of course can't see the existing black plastic behind it because it runs over it unlike most other grills. The only thing I wish they would do is make the bottom piece. You could have the bottom piece chromed or powder coated the same color as your truck.
This website has many other pieces to our trucks to checkout.

2008 - 2009 Nissan Titan Chrome Grille Overlay at Sportwing.com

·
Registered
344 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts