Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever came up with their own lower coil spring bushing/isolator? I was trying to find a hose that would fit at home Depot but the over all diameter would be too big to slip onto the coil. Unless you guys know of a hose size I could use or something else.
Here's what I'm talking about. That white sleeve thing to keep from metal on metal contact.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am not sure if these are made for the titan, but I've seen "spring seat isolators" that accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes them? I've seen some that are for altimas but don't know if are coils are the same size width as ours. Ive seen people use black rubber hoses like for plumbing, fuel lines but not sure what size cause most of the time those have a thick outer diameter.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody else has diy'd one of these?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Who makes them? I've seen some that are for altimas but don't know if are coils are the same size width as ours. Ive seen people use black rubber hoses like for plumbing, fuel lines but not sure what size cause most of the time those have a thick outer diameter.
Maybe try the sentra... We share the same size oil filter.

In all seriousness though, not sure. Maybe try some urethane air line from SMC or festo?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't mean to put you down or anything, but urethane will squeak. So I wouldn't use that. Try to find something that will be quite.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't mean to put you down or anything, but urethane will squeak. So I wouldn't use that. Try to find something that will be quite.
Bringing up another possible issue isn't a put down in my book... No problem

Was just thinking about if the op did use tubing found at Lowe's or hd, it would probably be vinyl and wouldn't hold up. Or if he actually did find urethane tubing commercially it would most likely be an ester based polyurethane which is not recommended for high moisture locations. No need to do the same job twice if you don't have to.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found some regular rubber hose tubing. It's still pretty thick but I think I'm going to cut in half and kind of like hot dog it? Lol On the coil on the bottom. ill just use some where the coil is going to make contact with the shock coil perch/mount. They had the vinyl hose there and was going to try it but it was so stiff I'm sure I would've made noise cause it had almost no give. At least the rubber will have some give to it while cushioning it. Or so I hope. Just like NKYTITAN said do the want to have to compress the coils again. But I see most people when they swap shocks they just also swap that isolator over. Either there's is in retry good condition or they forgot to order new ones and just say what the hell and re use them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts