Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace my TCM myself and just want to see if anyone on here has done this. I have asked, through a friend, if the TCM needs to be programmed and it was said by a master tech from my local Nissan dealer that it does not. Has anyone had experience with this? Id appreciate any help with this. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry forgot to mention I have a 05 Titan and have the P1757,P1759 and U1000 codes. I have read many post on these issues but none about the programming. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess since no one responded that no one knows. Well heres the answer. NO, you do not have to have it programed. I got mine installed with no issues except the extra amouny of trans flyid that came out while removing the valve body. It was probably about 4 or 5 quarts that drained as I removed it. Other than that, it was relatively easy. No issues yet and all of my codes are gone. If anything changes Ill post it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just went through the same thing w/ same year (05) and no programming was needed. However I replaced the entire valve body, not sure if that is what you did also. I was told TCMs were not independently serviced.

I had the P1757 code and an ECM one as well from basically so many codes being thrown the RAM on the ECM was full.

In the end it was a very expensive front brake solenoid (P1757)!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had to replace the entire valve body. Nissan dosent sell the TCM separately. You aren't kidding about the expensive brake solenoid. Lol. Out the door, with the pan gasket was 1100.00 with 200.00 core charge so 1300 total.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was 1620 with 40 for a gasket. This was about a week ago.

They did not mention a core charge however. Maybe I should call back and ask about that.

Funny thing is I bought and tried a reman. one first but it was a turd. The guy who sold me the reman. tells me he will send another one and I just have to swap out the solenoids between the two and it is a fairly simple process.

I just thought, da fuq? So apparently purchasing and swapping out just the solenoids is possible. I could never find a supplier that was active and had them available. The solenoids themselves can't be that much.

But nope, almost $2k later to get 'er fixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow 2 k that makes me not feel so bad about the 1300. Lol. Yeah I saw a few videos on youtube where the did change out the solenoids or repaired the TCM itself. I was told that there were some other problems with the valve body and such so Nissan made it to where you had to buy the full package. Well at least its working good now. But my starter is messing with me now. Dammit, work is never done.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I need to replace my 05 Se Valve body so we are sure that not reprogram is needed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No issues with my replacement. I just swapped it out, put fluid back in and it worked. No programming needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed a new tcm on my 2007 Nissan Frontier se and it will not go into gear. There are no codes coming up on my scanner and I can see the gear it’s shifting into on the dash. I was getting a u1000 code before the fix, but it is gone and I do not know what to do to. What can I do to get it to actually get into gear and move again?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just installed a new tcm on my 2007 Nissan Frontier se and it will not go into gear. There are no codes coming up on my scanner and I can see the gear it’s shifting into on the dash. I was getting a u1000 code before the fix, but it is gone and I do not know what to do to. What can I do to get it to actually get into gear and move again?
Wow I dont know what to say. I had no issues with my Titan. Ive never worked on a Frontier so I really couldnt tell you. I had a little issue getting the shifter cable connected and have the in cab lever line up with D and so-on. Maybe you got a bad TCM. You might try looking in a Frontier forum, Im sure someone there could help.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
where did you buy your replacement? you're sure it doesn't need to be programmed. I need to change mine and I want to make sure if I buy it online so as not to be in doubt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I guess since no one responded that no one knows. Well heres the answer. NO, you do not have to have it programed. I got mine installed with no issues except the extra amouny of trans flyid that came out while removing the valve body. It was probably about 4 or 5 quarts that drained as I removed it. Other than that, it was relatively easy. No issues yet and all of my codes are gone. If anything changes Ill post it.
Well i bought one from eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i bought one from eBay
At the time, I looked everywhere online, ebay and never found one. I had to go straight to the dealer. Lucky for you though you found one on ebay. Just curious, what did you pay for it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where did you buy your replacement? you're sure it doesn't need to be programmed. I need to change mine and I want to make sure if I buy it online so as not to be in doubt
Sorry didn't see this till now. The only place I could find it back in 2015 was from the dealer. I just mounted it, connected the wires back up and it worked. Still works till this day. I don't have the truck anymore but a buddy of mine bought it from me and it had 240000 miles on it. It probably had 130000 when I replaced the tcm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At the time, I looked everywhere online, ebay and never found one. I had to go straight to the dealer. Lucky for you though you found one on ebay. Just curious, what did you pay for it?

Paid to 220$ made by Bosch 5 year warranty

$220 brand new made from Bosch 5-year wrapped in sealed plastic good packaging solenoids and everything comes with it warranty but I have not put it on yet going to put it on this week and a buddy of mine I'm not sure if the dealership one is programmed or they're all the same but I guess I'm going to find out hopefully this doesn't bite me in the *** RE5R05A VALVE BODY W SOLENOIDS TCM For NISSAN XTERRA Pathfinder 2002-2006 YS fits multiple models be sure to match up your correct models I will update when I get this done downloaded the eBay app they have all kinds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts