Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not figure out how to put a picture on the unit. I have tried but it will not read pictures of the usb. I can get everything but pictures. Do I need to have the pictures at a certine size? Any help will be apreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
It shows you what to do on pages 74 through 76 of the user manual. Does that not work?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having the same problem, it detects the flash drive, but wont show any of the pictures on the flash drive. So if you dont have any pictures to load as background it wont allow you the option of changing the background on the DNX7100. I also learned today that the Dnx's disc drive will only read mp3's off a DvD-r, and not a DVD+r (made a a couple of coasters before i looked in the manual). The manual does say the picture file is to be in the JPEG format, so I'm thinking i might have put .JPG files on my flash drive. Im gonna try it out right now and see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I edited all my pictures with Microsoft Paint and saved them all as .JPEG and they still wont show up on the DNX using a flash drive or a Cd-R. Page 11 in the manual explains the "Acceptable Picture Files" but I still cant get it to work yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the same thing that is happening with mine. Tech have you had anyone have this happen to them? I'll try to call or email kenwod today if I have a chance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dnx 7100 Changing Backgrounds: Lesson Learned

Dnx 7100 Changing Backgrounds: Lesson Learned

On page 75 of the dnx7100 manual below step 4 it says:

"This operation is NOT possible when USB is selected as the Source."
So I was plugging my flash drive in and looking for the pictures via the USB Source. Therefore it wouldnt allow me to access the "Memory" button to look for the backgrounds because the USB was selected as the Source.

Simply switch the Source to the Tuner or Dvd or anything besides the USB Source.

Now you can go into the Setup, then User Interface, and change the backgrounds. You press the "Memory" button to choose the picture folder off the flash drive.

It will allow you to preview all your pictures (takes a few seconds to load each picture), and it will stretch images to an extent so resolutions or sizes arent a problem. The pictures do have to be in .jpg, .jpeg, or .jpe format or the Kenwood wont recognize them.

Happy Background Changing.......

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot Titan06RX1. As soon as I read this I went to the truck and changed it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Titan06RX1 said:
I also learned today that the Dnx's disc drive will only read mp3's off a DvD-r, and not a DVD+r (made a a couple of coasters before i looked in the manual).

This statement i made is FALSE. You can use a DVD+r/DVD-R or DVD RW. I had to make a DATA DVD with the mp3's in order for the DNX7100 to recognize them. For some reason Nero 7 couldnt do it correctly. I used a program called Cute Cd/Dvd Burner to burn the files to dvd+r. I couldnt get windows writeable cd folder to work, I think it has something to do with my Nero Install.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it ever just show the picture and not all the audio stuff on top? I got the pictures on the Deck and it is showing it but it shows stuff on top of it, I was just wondering if thats the way it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
R1max said:
Does it ever just show the picture and not all the audio stuff on top? I got the pictures on the Deck and it is showing it but it shows stuff on top of it, I was just wondering if thats the way it is.
Thats why they call it a "background" and not a "wallpaper", I'm still playing with it a little bit but im afraid thats is all we are gonna get.... :crying:

·
Registered
178 Posts
sorry to bring up an old forum, but is there any way i can like download a music video and play it on this HU ? if so, can someone show me how? like what format and type of disc it needs etc...
thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts