Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completed the soldering of DNX7100 to wire harness and have everything connected. Have GPS antenna run, and video/audio to the rear entertainment. So far, so good. I do have a few questions for those who have installed one.

My install is going well, but I have a few questions.

1. Do you simply remove the brackets from the factory HU and attach them directly to the DNX or do they attach to the other piece which the DNX then slides in to?

2. How is the black square trim piece supposed to fit? Is it supposed to be trimmed or just put on there and then the bezel over it.

3. My driver side airbag light is on. Not the light down on the bezel, but the indicator light up by the gauges. Any idea why?

4. Last. Have you seen a case where the screen wouldn't slide all the way down or return to normal postition? I have read that disconnecting the battery would fix this.

Quite a few questions, but overall things went well with the soldering and cable runs to the rear entertainment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to answer my own questions since I am done with the install. Thanks to Tech12volt who helped via PM.

1. Yes, the brackets go directly onto the unit.

2. Trim piece onto unit then bezel

3. Airbag light is a common issue. I followed procedure in sticky thread and it worked the first time.

4. If the unit is connected when not in default starting position then the screen will lock when going down and not close after disc is inserted. To fix. Hit the eject button allowing the screen to go down. Push screen up slightly which puts it in a non-standard position. Either remove power from back of unit of remove power from battery while screen is in this position. Once power is restored, it will readjust the screen and then it will function normally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts