Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just look at all the problems with our Titans on the common problem thread and was wondering if we are having the same problems as the Ford's, Chevy's, Dodges, Toyota's, etc... I have had my share of troubles and, don't get me wrong, still love my Titan. I just think we may have a bigger list of problems then the rest. What are you thoughts, I've owned three Nissan trucks and my Titan has the biggest repair list. Did the Nissan Corp. do this to make money on the parts? my '93 SE-V6 didn't have half the problems of my other Nissan trucks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
All manufacturers have problems, and predominantly, you're only going to hear from the people that have them. I honestly dont think any brand is any better or worse.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Took a friend fishing last week and he said his brothers 2010 Hemi Ram has been in the shop a few times for bad vibrations at speed and his 4 wheel drive would not engage.

I was proud of my Titan after hearing that :teethmast

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I was just look at all the problems with our Titans on the common problem thread and was wondering if we are having the same problems as the Ford's, Chevy's, Dodges, Toyota's, etc... I have had my share of troubles and, don't get me wrong, still love my Titan. I just think we may have a bigger list of problems then the rest. What are you thoughts, I've owned three Nissan trucks and my Titan has the biggest repair list. Did the Nissan Corp. do this to make money on the parts? my '93 SE-V6 didn't have half the problems of my other Nissan trucks.
Type in any truck name and then recalls and or technical service bulletins and you will see that every truck has issues.

The difference is that being on a Forum, 20 people who have experienced an issue outweigh the 1000's of others who don't have that particular issue.

That being said, the Nissan Titan has issues and any time you make changes in hopes of fixing a problem (or upgrading a part), you invite changes.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
All manufacturers have problems, and predominantly, you're only going to hear from the people that have them. I honestly dont think any brand is any better or worse.
One of the smartest posts I've ever seen on this forum. :thumbsup: . Vehicle problems are magnified 100x on internet forums. Truth is that any problem that starts affecting more than 2-3% of vehicles usually ends up with NHTSA and either a full blown recall or some kind of negotiated settlement.

And it makes sense. Hardly anyone goes on the internet to say "My truck has no problems, what do you think?". But a lot of people, if they start experiencing a problem, go on the internet to do research and then participate in forums.

That said, I think you can follow internet forums to see where weak spots on vehicles are. The more complex vehicles get, the more likely they're bound to have problems somewhere.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Everybody has problems. I don't think our trucks are any worse than any other truck out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the reason is very simple, my point is my other older Nissan trucks had little to no problems, and after looking at all the troubles people are having on the forum it got me thinking that maybe the Nissan company it's self is the problem. I don't think they are building the trucks to the same standards as pass generations of trucks. Sure the vehicles are getting more advanced, but that shouldn't mean they can't keep them reliable.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It seems to me that all vehicles are going to have problems, some major and some minor regardless of manufacturer. It just seems like the parts that fail on the titans are parts that wouldn't normally fail on other brands of trucks. Differentials front and rear and cracked exhaust manifolds at miles as low as what has been talked about here is unexceptable to me, having driven 80's and 90's chevy trucks past 150,000 miles having never serviced a differential and worked them hard every day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always blamed the majority of the initial problems the first few years on the fact that the Titan was an all new truck on an all new platform. Nissan's smaller pickup in 1993 had years and years of experience behind it before it was manufactured so of course it was more reliable for its time. It seems like with each revision of the Titan Nissan is working to improve the overall product.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's nice that they are constantly trying to improve their product but maybe they should put a little more effort into standing behind the product that people have already put their hard earned money into especially when introducing a new product that they know will have issue the first years.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
My dad has gone through 3 F250's diesel. They've replaced the motor in everyone except the one he's currently driving. Replacing the motor in that truck's a pain because you have to pull the entire cab off. He keeps buying them though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts