Nissan Titan Forum banner

Do anyone trust the dealership

956 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  rrumaner 
#1 ·
I don't because some dealers try to over charge you about everything.you go in for one thing;then they adding on something else?me personally I don't trust the dealership:paranoid: ;If I'm wrong let me know please.Thank You

#3 ·
Please post the correct prices...

#4 ·
Well it does smell like there is a troll under this bridge, but I don't care, I am going to feed it anyway, STAND BACK!

Dealer price for a new rear axle (parts and labor) $1375 - Right price $600
Dealer price for trans Pos sensor replacement - $45 - Right price = free (warranty)
Dealer price for tires for the wife's SE-R $1200 - TireRack $700

The price gouging by these A-Holes is downright embarrassing. Somebody outta say something...[/SoapBox]

#5 ·
Hmmmm...

Trying to remember anything I've paid for at the dealer that was overpriced...

Smokin' deal on a new 2005 Quest - Check
Smokin' deal on a new-but-sold-as-used 2005 Titan - Check
Competitive prices on preventative maintenance - Check
Excellent service - Check

About the only thing I can complain about was the $500 or so brake job on the Quest at 18,000 miles, however they warranty the brakes for 12mo/12k miles. I could've done all four corners for half that, but oh well.

The oil change with Elf synthetic, guaranteed for 6,000 miles, was reasonably priced.

Mossy Nissan in Oceanside is just awesome. There are some crappy dealers out there, including the one 3 miles from my house, but not all of them are. That's why I drive 45 minutes to Mossy whenever I need something done, at least while under warranty. Stamped maint book and all records from a Nissan dealer make for a much easier sale down the road, plus a little bump in resale value.

#6 ·
grnTitan04 said:
Well it does smell like there is a troll under this bridge, but I don't care, I am going to feed it anyway, STAND BACK!

Dealer price for a new rear axle (parts and labor) $1375 - Right price $600
Dealer price for trans Pos sensor replacement - $45 - Right price = free (warranty)
Dealer price for tires for the wife's SE-R $1200 - TireRack $700

The price gouging by these A-Holes is downright embarrassing. Somebody outta say something...[/SoapBox]
my point that's what I'm talking about.man I can't be dealing with no dealership like that.:gunz:

#10 ·
No I don't but if someone in NC does, I would travel almost any distance to have a good experience...

I bought my '04.

The dealership said he can't keep it on the lot-even though that truck was sitting there for five months.

The salesman said it was reliable and well built and when I came back the next day to finish the deal, the price went up by $2k because mysteriously our work up sheet was lost!

The finance guy said you'd be a fool not to get a warranty for XX$ because they've had complaints about them...

The Service guy didn't believe my radio faded, wanted to fix my sliding tailgate by bending the metal brackets, didn't believe I had brake judder, said it was normal wear and tear for stitching in the seats to come out after six months, and tried to charge me $76 to lube my door locks and cables.

No I don't trust them at all.

#12 ·
I trust my dealer and the service manager. Not once have they done any of the things you claim your dealership approves of.

Maybe, as has been said before on this type of topic, it has everything to do with your attitude when you arrive and talk to the people there. You might be getting what you deserve - just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.