Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Titan for over a month now and i don't think a day has gone be where at least 1 or 2 people flashed their lights at me, sometimes its way more than that! Those low beams must be really bright! I'm not complaining, its just kind of funny, b/c if the low beams are that bright and you flash them back with your high beams, that must blind the hell out of 'em. LOL!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been hearing some folks are getting this because their fog lamps were aimed too high. You might want to double check that if you have them.

TxTitan said:
I've had my Titan for over a month now and i don't think a day has gone be where at least 1 or 2 people flashed their lights at me, sometimes its way more than that! Those low beams must be really bright! I'm not complaining, its just kind of funny, b/c if the low beams are that bright and you flash them back with your high beams, that must blind the hell out of 'em. LOL!

·
Registered
780 Posts
yup

ok, will have that checked out. thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
tbeecher said:
My wife flashes me every once-in-a-while... :hat:
HEHEHE thats a good one... :upsidedow

But yeah it seems that Nissan has a problem with aiming the lights way too high...It's a big thing also over on the Xterra boards...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think i'm gonna do anything about it. I kinda like the low beams being that bright. I'm use to all the flashing now anyway...

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bet mine are too high. I can see a lot farther with the lowbeams then I could in any of my other trucks. I love it though and wont change it regardless. Hey, at least I can see:)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I had that problem also, finally got tired of 18 wheelers getting behind me and giving me theres back. Sooooo I adjusted them, its an easy fix, I just pulled about 10ft from the garage wall turned the lights on, marked the top of the beam with a piece of tape and adjusted them down about two inches. You'll need a torx bit, can't remember which size though.
No more pi$$ed off truck drivers. :rockon

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I was getting flashed after I put the leveling kit on so I just went to a parking lot and parked about 30 feet in front of a wall and adjusted them down a little. No more flashes now. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Kramer I love it !

All the time

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Maybe once in 7 months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought maybe the Lamps were just to Bright. I get flashed all the time going to work I guy I was driving behind slammed on his brakes and gestured me. My lights were in his rearview. Thanks for the post thought it was just me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just pulled about 10ft from the garage wall turned the lights on, marked the top of the beam with a piece of tape and adjusted them down about two inches. You'll need a torx bit, can't remember which size though.
I think you can use a 7 or 8mm socket also. I did mine as I got flashed a lot since I put on a toolbox and have some stuff in the back all the time. I haven't drove any length in the dark since the adjustment but I dropped mine about 2 or 3 inches parked 5 ft from a wall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get flashed pretty routinely - but I like the way it lights up the road. Probably just leave them alone for now, great lights for a stock truck IMO.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I get flashed at all the time and get flipped the bird some from people in front of me, in the same lane. I keep my finger on the trigger at night just so I can hit the high beams and cause the seats in the flashers car to start smoking. I find it kinda fun.

Nuck

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just give thumbs up to other titan owners... i usually get a thumbs up back from them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts