Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a few wraps for my truck.I don't think about the genuine motivation behind these vehicle wraps.Some individuals says that they are generally excellent for the aversion of vehicle body. truck wraps NYC offer me the chance to have such wraps at truly moderate cost yet my psyche isn't satisfied.Any recommendations?

·
Registered
989 Posts
If your Titan lives outside the garage, as many do, then a vinyl wrap will simply not last very long. It's easier to re-paint your Titan than spend the money on a wrap that will fade and tear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes kind of. The 2015 I just bought with 105k miles was vinyl wrapped for the previous owner (some business ad wrap) and the paint looks mostly good, but the vinyl left marks all over it. Little hexagonal imprints left behind that I'll need to take a polisher to. The dealer I bought it from was lazy about removing it so I've been peeling off little bits for weeks. For example I've pulled out the tail light housings to get the small pieces. At every end it also left a fairly heavy amount of adhesive behind. It's nothing I can't remove with a mild solvent, but takes a good while to do that without damaging the paint. I was a detailer at a dealership for one summer growing up, so those skills are coming back into play to get this truck pretty again.
But there's virtually no rock chips in the front, so it protected that fairly well.

·
Registered
989 Posts
How long was this "business wrap" left on your '15 Titan? In my experience, even high-performance vinyl only lasts for 4-5 years before it begins to degrade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am speculating that it was on from when it was new until late last year, so ~4-5 years. So that left over gunk could very well be from that degradation.
I never actually saw the wrap, I'm very curious what print was on it. I can only see the little edges left over from some lazy auctioneers/salesmen.

I would not wrap a truck just to protect the paint. A ceramic coating would be cheaper. And keeping it clean and waxed is even cheaper than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts