Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see so many people on here complaining how the T is outdated. I also see that on almost all consumer reports they either don't even test the T or they hound it to death because it don't have 7 engine options and a single cab option. Personally I think a new model would have a 70-80% chance of me hating it. Look at some of the new cars and trucks that were "refreshed" and look worse now. 08+ dodge rams are hidious, I think the 08+ Chevys are worse looking then before, the new f-150s are ugly but they always have been so I guess that don't count. Even the 08+ toyotas however being a more capable truck IMHO are alot uglier then then the previous ones. Sure I'd like a diesel Titan but since the emissions bs it wont happen and if it does happen the dpf and the new exhaust fluid urea bs will kill the mpg and HP so much it won't be worth buying. A QX 56 400hp V8 would be nice but I personally don't think it's needed and I if it came at the expensive of a new cylinder deactivating bs count me out. I drive nissans because I like the sporty and aggresive design along with known longevity they carry in their product line. It seems the new designs in full size trucks are going south in terms of appearance. We all complain about it being outdated but if they come out with a new one it will probably something that none of us will like. I personally don't care if it gets 30 mpg and has 500hp... If it's ugly as hell I won't drive it. Just a thought to get some opinions on?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It needs updating if it's kept but I'd honestly rather see it dropped then slaughtered. And the tests are lots of bs anyways in the test each manufacture brings it's biggest motor option and top equipped truck. In actual sales the denali and king ranch equivalent models are so rediculously priced that you hardly even see them on the roads. But I guess watching a Crew cab Denali 6.2L GMC that retails for over 50k sweep the tests makes people wanna run out and buy a 4.8L single cab 2wd model with roll up windows they can afford.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Nissan doesn't need to do a full makeover on the current Titan. It's not that dated looking. The greenhouse section and windshield rake are still state of the art. All they need to do is refreshen it up some like what Ford did with the new F-150. New hood, fenders, bumpers and some sheet metal tweaks to bulge out the wheelwells more like the Frontier, and presto, we got our new next gen Titan! Also, Jjust detune the direct injected 5.6L Endurance that's in the QX56 to around 375hp/395tq with a more restrictive intake and ECU tune and you're done. If they want to stick in the Frontier 4.0L V6 as a base engine for the Titan, so be it. A 6-speed or 7-speed auto tranny would be good too. That's all they need to do to have the Titan at the top of the game again. A single cab would be a waste of development money though. A much cheaper and better idea would be a 7.5ft bed length option on crew cab models. Those would sell like hotcakes.

Reactions: dv3andrs

·
Registered
616 Posts

It's not like Nissan hasn't refreshed the 11 since the 04 model..agree with op.

Luv this pic..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan doesn't need to do a full makeover on the current Titan. It's not that dated looking. The greenhouse section and windshield rake are still state of the art. All they need to do is refreshen it up some like what Ford did with the new F-150. New hood, fenders, bumpers and some sheet metal tweaks to bulge out the wheelwells more like the Frontier, and presto, we got our new next gen Titan! Also, Jjust detune the direct injected 5.6L Endurance that's in the QX56 to around 375hp/395tq with a more restrictive intake and ECU tune and you're done. If they want to stick in the Frontier 4.0L V6 as a base engine for the Titan, so be it. A 6-speed or 7-speed auto tranny would be good too. That's all they need to do to have the Titan at the top of the game again. A single cab would be a waste of development money though. A much cheaper and better idea would be a 7.5ft bed length option on crew cab models. Those would sell like hotcakes.
I know you can get a crew cab with a long bed now... I think it's around 7ftish but I cringe at the thoughts of parking it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think they should put the armada dash/door panels in the titan! But the 08+ titan interiors are pretty nice. But for the love of god a diesel. Something! Who cares about the size as long as you can use diesel fuel. There are also some little features I love about american made trucks that the titan doesn't have but I still think the titan is the most reliable. Except maybe a cummins but dodges are so freaking ugly! I kinda wish I had my 08 lariat still but whatever. I think its the diesel that sucks you in. Its an addiction.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think the OP is right on target. If you're the type to keep a vehicle, you appreciate multiple years of the same vehicle, because in general 1. parts are plentiful, 2. parts are cheap, 3. there are lots of people who know how to work on the vehicle. Further, if you keep the same platform, you can charge less and less for a vehicle, because you factor out your R&D costs, machining costs, supply setup costs, etc for a much longer period of time. It's not an accident that you can get a 2011 Titan for thousands less than a new F150 or Tundra. Some of that is sales driven but a lot of it is simply the fact that Nissan is recovering its costs over 10 years instead of 2.

The Titan is a great, classic design. It is not going to look weird in 5 or 10 years. That is a good platform to build from. What Nissan COULD do for this truck:

1. Improve the interior materials. They went in the right direction with the seat fabric; now how about improving the plastics so they don't scratch so easily?
2. Promote the truck better. Spend some money on advertising.
3. Continue to keep prices in check so that you start ending up with $5-10k spreads between the Titan and all other full-size trucks. That makes a big difference.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the overall design. I think they hit a home run on the design, they've just had a few bloopers on the application.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Dude I agree 100% and I've been sayin this for the last year! Look at all the "new" cars on the road... they are ugly! Nissan is going to F&%# up the titan and then we will all have to see the posts talking about how ugly the titan is... if something ain't broke don't "fix it"

·
Registered
620 Posts
I dont think the titan needs a full makeover. just like miketan said just tweak a few things here and there and you got a new model. its already a great looking truck and they don't need to mess up their new model like dodge did by making it uglier. However, even though everything mentioned with a new engine option and a diesel option would be great, itll never happen. nissan has let the titan go for too long by not promoting it and drawing in new buyers. the only people that buy it are people that are faithful to nissan and people like me who buy it because they love the looks of it and dont want to spend the money on the other companies. Nissan had a great opportunity to make a big dent in the truck world when they first came out with the titan. it looked better then any other truck on the road and it also out performed everyone else as a whole too. they opened up a lot of eyes and all they had to do was keep the ball rolling by continuing to develop their full size truck. It was their first full size truck and no one expected them to come out with 4 engine options and all the choices in the world right away, but when you go 8 years without any significant changes you lose everyones interest. It shocked the other companies into some major R&D and now they all caught and passed the titan. after letting it go for this long I dont think there is much nissan can do to make further development worth it to the company. It would've taken something like Ford's ecoboost to put them back up there with the competition in everyone's eyes but Ford beat them to it. Unfortunately, I would be pretty shocked to see nissan come out with a new model and actually try promoting it. I hope it doesnt happen but they will probably just stop production at some point. all that being said I love my truck and wouldnt want any other. my dad has a ford that has a much better interior and mpg but I still wouldnt want it..dont like the looks or how it drives..feels like a boat. and my friend has an 09 gmc with a ton of options but I still dont like it as much as my truck

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think the Sierras are sexy as hell and the F150's look good as well. The new Rams look good but I'll never own a Dodge.

Nissan need to add an LSD as a standard feature. Also need to have the option for a v6 in the XE. I bet you anything that if they would work on fuel economy and get it on par with the GM's and Ford's then they would sell a good many more trucks. It's time for an update or else the Titan will die.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just put a diesel engine in it........
As I said in my post after 2007 year models diesel restrictions got so strict that I don't think we would want a diesel Titan. Why did the jeep liberty and Cherokee diesels quit being made? Because then couldn't deal with the restrictions, as well as the reasons the 4.5L duramax never hit local dealerships.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Personally since I'm keeping my Titan until it dies I like having a current looking truck even if it is 6 yrs old. Now if you are talking business, Nissan is nuts going into 2012/2013 with the same truck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think the Titan will come harder on the next design for the fact that all the other trucks has had a remod already, also chevy had the same damn design on their trucks for about 10 years straight and guess what? They're everywhere!!! Junk yards, for sale, modded up, work trucks, classics, and easy as hell to find parts for them. I'm happy and surprised I have a Titan and love it, but I get so disappointed when I see bad reviews on them but all they talk about is the mpg and not having a single cab, it's a damn truck not a 92 Toyota corolla with a 4 cl getting 30 mpg in that case you'll only have 105hp trying to haul a trailer...... Anyway like someone posted it will be easy to find one for parts in the future.

·
Premium Member
75,865 Posts
Personally, I thought the Titan's styling was a bit ahead of it's time.

Options, sure, who doesn't love them? The Titan is an overall solid platform, but it's also far from being perfect. From a manufactures' standpoint they aren't moving enough units to justify putting any expense into further development.

They were considering merging with Dodge, I for one am glad that didn't happen.

Nissan has made some vast improvements since the 04 models. I hope they aren't done yet! Furthermore, I hope they read these threads :cheers:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think the Sierras are sexy as hell and the F150's look good as well. The new Rams look good but I'll never own a Dodge.

Nissan need to add an LSD as a standard feature. Also need to have the option for a v6 in the XE. I bet you anything that if they would work on fuel economy and get it on par with the GM's and Ford's then they would sell a good many more trucks. It's time for an update or else the Titan will die.
And you're right. I like the new design on the chevy, gmc, and dodge but it's only a king ranch on the ford. For some reason I don't like the front end on a side view with the fords, and for the gm's they give it good hp's but is low with torque but they ride like a broad, dodge came hard this time but the transmissions scares me from the old ones but they are known for the diesel trucks, the tundras looks nice but they don't fit me and the titans look sweet fixed up, well all of them do.......

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I wanted change, thats why I traded in my Ford on a new Titan. There are some things I would like to see upgraded on the Titan, like a better beefier rearend, 6 or 7 speed transmission, better plastic on the interior. I thought the reclining rear seat and power full rear window in the Tundra was cool too, sure better gas milage would be nice, but none of these are a deal breaker in my book. But for the most part I am extrememly happy with my Truck and I'm glad I didn't spend the extra 10k to get a different truck.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I know you can get a crew cab with a long bed now... I think it's around 7ftish but I cringe at the thoughts of parking it.
The CC's come in three long beds 6'6, 7'3, 8'2... I have the 7'3 CC LE and it not bad...parking can be a biotch All depending on how the parking lot is set up...lol! But other than that it's actually pretty nifty...especially if u got lots of shizz to throw in the back

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you want your titan to have a make over.....do me a favor BUY A NEW EFFIN TRUCK! BLAT A$$ES! Also if you get Pro-4X i think it looks better than any other truck out there!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts