Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor has to be replaced because of the cat particles getting sucked back into the motor. I'm not sure if they do anything with the computer or reset it when they replace it, does anyone know? Thanks

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Probably.
They have to tune the motor and make it run right after they first fire it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have just replaced my third engine in the shop and havn't hade to do any adjusting as far as the timming goes. it was as simple as remove and istall and go. unless yo want the timming advanced

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
srvTITAN said:
i have just replaced my third engine in the shop and havn't hade to do any adjusting as far as the timming goes. it was as simple as remove and istall and go. unless yo want the timming advanced
I already had the timing advanced so I wanted to know for sure if I would lose it or not. The dealership I go to will likely tell me I need to pay for it again even if they didn't have to do it.

Third engine for a Titan or different vehicles?

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts
The other thing to think about as far as replacing the engine is this: Was the battery unhooked during all that time? If yes, then I'd say your ECU might have reset and you lost it.

Just another thing to think about.

·
Banned
22 Posts
umm if u had to replace 3 engines then that means u shud buy a new truck lol cuz thats pretty bad i kno ppl who have 250k miles on the big 3 trucks and still havnt had any major problems

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes three titans due to coverter failure. i would have to find out about that on the battery and the already advanced timming ill try it on my truck and let yall know. i did it to mine after i replaced the motor in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it dosent appear to lose the setting. mine is advanced and i un hooked the bettery for a wile and then reattached it and checked it with the consult and the advance was still there. you should bee fine but if you want to have it checked, take it in and have them check it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply's guys I appreciate it. After I break the new motor in I am going to take it back to them just to be absolutely sure it is there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts