Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved having Apple Play which allowed me easy access to Google Maps and music, but I hated having to connect a cable to my iPhone every time I used it. I also hated having the loose cable in the car. So I bought a wireless CarPlay adapter for my car.
When I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. It works well with my Titan. This CarPlay adapter made the whole experience really wonderful. I get in the car and turn on the key, and shortly afterwards Apple Play shows up on the screen automatically. In the past, I have to take my phone out of my pocket and plug it in every time I get in the car, then take it off and put it back in my pocket every time I get out, it becomes a hassle. Now obviously, I don't have to pull my iPhone out of my pocket if I don't want to.
Vehicle Automotive design Radio Satellite radio Car

The setup was beyond simple, plug and play. I basically plug it in and make the Bluetooth connection in my settings. And then, everything just works like it ought to. There is about 1 to 2 seconds of delay while the CarPlay device connects to my Apple Play device and my phone - I'm talking seconds, not minutes. I didn't find it to be a problem. It also supports online upgrades. Best of all, the adapter can also charge phone. I am very grateful to the designer who designed it! This is really convenient!
You may need to make sure that your car is compatible if your using an existing Apple Play device in your car. This is a really simple concept, though, so it's really likely it will work on your car. If you are interested, you can try it. Wireless CarPlay Adapter for cars with wired CarPlay - Get 15% OFF Now!

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,194 Posts
There are two issues with wireless Car Play and Android Auto, I found these out for myself during about 2 years of using them.

1. It kills your phone battery. Since they use both bluetooth and wifi to connect to your stereo, your battery drains quickly. Unless, of course, you plug your phone in to charge at the same time... which kind of makes a wireless connection to the stereo a moot point.

2. The connection is less stable. If you have areas on your daily drive that have interference, your phone will drop the wifi connection and you'll have to reconnect. I have a spot in my commute where I can predict, down to a few feet, where my connection will drop every single time. There are no dropped connections with a wire.

After dealing with these for about 2 years, I finally ran a USB cable to the back of the radio and I love having a wired connection! It charges while I'm connected and never drops. Oh, and the connection process is much quicker when using a cable than connecting wirelessly.

·
Registered
2020 P4X
13 Posts
Thanks for sharing this option. Seems pretty legit. From habit I take my phone out of my pocket as I get into my truck (because I am military who works in a TS facility and cant bring my phone in) and put it in the phone slot that came with my 20 P4X. I rarely connect my cable, I just use the bluetooth to play my music but that would be a cool option. I don't mind the cable on long commutes to add/save battery

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I may get this adapter for the Sony in my '05.
I have Wireless CP/AA in my '22 Trailblazer RS. Absolutely love it for Navigation, Spotify, Pandora for me and the wife uses Apple music on our regular daily type commutes. I drive 20 miles to work. Just get in and its there. Never a fuss. The battery will barely drop a couple percent while just bombing around or work commutes. On longer road trips I will plug it in to keep it charged anyhow so battery life is never an issue.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Am I the only one who has car play in multiple vehicles and never use it?

Clint

Reactions: Jd Schreck

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro 4X, 2005 Pathfinder
183 Posts
Am I the only one who has car play in multiple vehicles and never use it?

Clint
I’m not with you on this one Clint-I love the CarPlay on longer trips-your texts get read to you, your music gets played and your nav all work beautifully. Responding to texts via voice is much better as well.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I’m not with you on this one Clint-I love the CarPlay on longer trips-your texts get read to you, your music gets played and your nav all work beautifully. Responding to texts via voice is much better as well.
I’m sure there’s more of you than me on this. I have nav in my radio so I don’t need it for that, I don’t have stored music with a playlist so it’s not helpful there either, I do get text messages but not compelled to see them as they appear. I’m from the old days when cars had none of this and life was still great. I only need a radio, air conditioning, power steering and brakes and would still love a manual transmission. The rest is all fluff. How else would my truck have the insane sticker of $54,000. It’s a pickup not a luxury car.
I’m happy that you enjoy yours.

Clint

Reactions: Outoforder
1 - 9 of 9 Posts