Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to finalize my exhaust system Y pipe and have been looking at some of the components offered by these guys and they look very good. Has anybody used any of their stuff? I am looking at the Y pipe junction and it looks pretty sweet. I plan to make the Y pipe 2.25" into a single 3" and then through the Zoomers and I should have peaked out the power to be had from this system other than maybe a different Cat. I have yet to see a performance difference dynoed or tracked on just the cats so I may have to be the first but that would be a ways off. What do you guys think? Is the stuff overpriced or do you think it will flow well enough to justify the price? I think just the Y connector is 100.00.

Here is a link to the site.
http://www.drgas.com/store/home.php

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Papa_D said:
I thought someone had tried the exhaust cutout and deemed it to be problematic as far as getting it open only when it was needed. I went ahead and attached the photo of what I was looking at in the first post though.

Rossi was kicking the idea around, but so far, I haven't read about anyone trying them. I would just manually cap them when not at the track.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
jegs.com has the flowmaster y-pipes for half that cost.. i'd do the flowmaster 2.25" to single 3" although you will NEVER see the potential of these cams till you maximize airflow, either get rid of the stock cats and resos and add 2.25" b-pipes along with the piping to the y-pipe to 2.25" at a minimum or you can add high flow cats .. but with the stock resos and stock cats you will never see 100mph trap speeds in the 1/4 mile.. your restricting your top end hardcore..

time to unleash the beast!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Apparently the Doctor Gas Y collector acts like an X pipe provided the exhaust Y pipes are of equal length. That's what I have decided to do, create a custom Y pipe with equal length runners on the left and right and merge them via the Doctor Gas Y. I am going to use 2.25" pipe to the Y collector and a 2.5" transition into the 3" pipe just before the muffler. By doing this I should end up with a very unique sounding exhaust that flows faster, is equalized and performs at the optimum through the power band as much as possible. I haven't seen anyone with equal length Y primary pipes and the collector is a very interesting design so I am going to try it. It won't be too expensive and it should be an interesting experiment that won't hurt my performance. I think I will let someone else figure out how to best employ the electric cutouts because I have a feeling that could get pretty tricky and you could lose the low end if they are activated off the line.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toomnymods said:
jegs.com has the flowmaster y-pipes for half that cost.. i'd do the flowmaster 2.25" to single 3" although you will NEVER see the potential of these cams till you maximize airflow, either get rid of the stock cats and resos and add 2.25" b-pipes along with the piping to the y-pipe to 2.25" at a minimum or you can add high flow cats .. but with the stock resos and stock cats you will never see 100mph trap speeds in the 1/4 mile.. your restricting your top end hardcore..

time to unleash the beast!!
I already have custom 2.25" B pipes off the 2.25" collector on the Nismo headers and am running the Magmaflow high flow cats and have no resonators.
I really think at this point that the only advantage the JBA exhaust has over me is the 2.25" Y primaries. I looked at all the other Y collectors they had to offer at Jeggs and Dr Gas is very unique so for an extra 50.00, I'm willing to try it. It should be fun to do something a little different and the equal length Y primaries can only help I believe.
I figure worst case scenario, I waste 150.00 to 200.00 and end up performing like the already popular JBA with the sound I like from the Zoomers. Best case scenario is that I increase flow enough to perform a little better than the JBA with a good tone and not much drone. My only fear is that I create a resonance drone that I don't experience now and I'll save my old Y pipe just in case. I believe this to be a pretty safe bet and a lot of fun to try.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Go for it man!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You just never know with stuff like this Papa!!! Be an inovator in the field not a follower!!!

You might stumble across a set up that whips on everything others have done. You just have to try!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dawgs77 said:
You just never know with stuff like this Papa!!! Be an inovator in the field not a follower!!!

You might stumble across a set up that whips on everything others have done. You just have to try!
in order to make this work properly I need to find the most free flowing Cats possible. I'm looking at "Metal Cat" brand right now. Does anyone know without reservation what the most free flowing cats are?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts