Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a dumb question (cut me some slack) but i need to know if a nissan titan comes with a built in hitch...its my dream truck and ive always wanted one and am planning on getting on soon. soon after i get it i need to move across state and i want to rent a uhaul trailer (cheaper).

i have looked all over the internet and cannot find an answer!!
So does the truck already have towing equipment??

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
So does the truck already have towing equipment??
The other responses are correct, but...

It comes down to 'what do you want to do, really?'

Almost all Titans come pre-wired for a brake controller, which is an excellent idea for any trailer big enough to have electric brakes. I believe most if not all have a "tow mode" switch that changes the transmission shift points a little. (Check your owners' manual...)

The factory dock bumper has a reinforced tube for a ball and is rated for something like 5000 lbs. It's really high, tho, and you wouldn't want to do this for anything big, or with any regularity.

The Nissan factory frame-mounted Class-III hitch is downright cheap considering it comes with all the hardware, the (otherwise expensive) relays needed to make the trailer electrics work, and the 7-pin connector.

To that, if you need it, can be added the Class-IV load-equalizing hitch.

Summary: hitch - probably not, unless you see a 2x2" square channel under your bumper. Dock bumper suitable for mounting a ball for occasional, light-duty towing - yes. Pre-wired for lighting - yes, although you may need some relays to make it fully functional. Pre-wired for brake controller - probably - but if you're towing something big enough to have electric brakes, you'll want a frame-mounted hitch anyway.

·
Super Moderator
160,791 Posts
The only thing I can add is that if you're looking for a truck with a hitch, it likely means you intend to use it to tow. That being the case, get a truck with the tow package. You'll be happier in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts