Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've been waiting for an owner review and haven't seen one yet. I thought this thing was coming out late 2015, pricing is up but no owners? I haven't even seen one in person at my local dealer.

I've been driving the same truck since 2004. 115K miles.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yea only one guy I know of so far. Bought it two days ago. I forget his name but he's on the Favebook TitanTalk page.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
So far I've been waiting for an owner review and haven't seen one yet. I thought this thing was coming out late 2015, pricing is up but no owners? I haven't even seen one in person at my local dealer.

I've been driving the same truck since 2004. 115K miles.
From everything I've read, you ain't missing anything.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I will wait until some real people own XDs and actually put some mileage on them before I pass judgment. The mpg estimates so far are not very accurate seeing as none of the test trucks have any real mileage on them. Diesels take awhile to break in. Most diesels will show improvement in mpg by 10,000 miles and plateau around 50k miles. So running a test loop with a brand spanking new low mileage Cummins is not the most accurate way to predict where the truck will ultimately wind up. Gains of 3-4 mpg can be common. So figure that most tests show around 17mpg in various conditions, the XD could very well wind up around 19mpg combined when all said and done. There could also be some programming in the ECU that can contribute as well. I can't verify it, but I have heard new low mileage diesels will tend to regen more frequently during break in thus using more fuel.

Reactions: beachside321

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I will wait until some real people own XDs and actually put some mileage on them before I pass judgment. The mpg estimates so far are not very accurate seeing as none of the test trucks have any real mileage on them. Diesels take awhile to break in. Most diesels will show improvement in mpg by 10,000 miles and plateau around 50k miles. So running a test loop with a brand spanking new low mileage Cummins is not the most accurate way to predict where the truck will ultimately wind up. Gains of 3-4 mpg can be common. So figure that most tests show around 17mpg in various conditions, the XD could very well wind up around 19mpg combined when all said and done. There could also be some programming in the ECU that can contribute as well. I can't verify it, but I have heard new low mileage diesels will tend to regen more frequently during break in thus using more fuel.
If I have to wait till 50k to finally see the mileage my Nissan XD is going to get, that tells me right there, not to get that truck. But why wait for someone else's mileage. It's not like they're going to tell you the truth about it. Why do that?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I saw that person on the facebook page saying they have one. Also said they are getting 23 mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts